Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new foster mom!

meg4050
October 29th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone!
Wow, it's been awhile - I finally got a break from school to catch up a bit on here! It's been hard not having pets around, especially after watching Romeo grow up over the summer. I was on the fence as to whether I should adopt a friend or not, but decided since I'm planning to travel a bit over Christmas and once I graduate, it might be wise to look at other options.

So... I'm officially a new foster mom for the THS! I'll be picking up Patches later this week to foster her until I go home for Christmas break. I attached the picture of her from the website - don't you love her chin :)

We'll see if I'm successful at fostering or not!:laughing:

Anyway, just wanted to give an update, hope everyone's doing well!
Megan

p.s. Mom says Barkley and Romeo are doing just fine without me, althought I'd like to think otherwise! :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
October 29th, 2007, 10:22 PM
She's a doll for sure, Megan! :cloud9:

And may you have better luck fostering than hazel did. :fingerscr ("Fostering" is the reason we've ended up with 8 :o)

:laughing:

luckypenny
October 29th, 2007, 10:26 PM
She's so purrty :cloud9: . You're an :angel: for taking her in :thumbs up .

Frenchy
October 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Woohoo ! :thumbs up congratulation on fostering :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
October 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Awww :lovestruck: she's gorgeous :lovestruck: love her cute little chin :cloud9:

white wrabbit
October 29th, 2007, 11:17 PM
she is a cutie!:lovestruck:

otter
October 29th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Adorable :lovestruck:

I see a foster failure pending :D

meg4050
October 31st, 2007, 11:56 AM
I see a foster failure pending :D

That's my fear! :laughing:
I'm picking her up at 4 today so I'll hopefully have some pictures up by tonight or tomorrow!

Love4himies
October 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM
WARNING: Fostering adorable furbabies leads to permanent increase in house population!

She is a sweetie. Do you have any background info on her??

meg4050
October 31st, 2007, 09:17 PM
WELL, I went the humane society today to pick up Patches and found out a lady had seen her on the fostering website and decided to adopt her! So Patches has found her home, and instead they gave me Peaches who is equally adorable!

He's a short-hair orange tabby, a year old and I'm monitoring him for seizures. Apparently after being adopted he had one and his owners immediatley brought him back and weren't willing to look into any treatment or options for him. He hasn't had any since being in the shelter so they wanted him to be fostered and monitored before they put him up for adoption or give him medication.

He's doing VERY well, nothing spooks him, he's been running around investigating, let's me pick him up, and loves to cuddle! I'll post some pics ASAP!

Love4himies
November 1st, 2007, 07:43 AM
Aww, can't wait to see pictures, you are an :angel2: for helping out the HS. What a wonderful idea for those who don't want a permanent pet for what ever reason, but do want their companionship.

meg4050
November 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM
These aren't the greatest...he was still running around investigating so it was hard to catch him in a shot but I'll get some good ones tonight hopefully!

Love4himies
November 1st, 2007, 11:25 AM
Ohh he looks like a sweetie!!!:lovestruck::cloud9:. Must be great to have a furry friend around.

growler~GateKeeper
November 2nd, 2007, 01:46 AM
YAY for Patches :highfive: glad she found herself a home!

Peaches is adorable :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 2nd, 2007, 03:53 AM
I'm glad Patches found a forever home too. :thumbs up

Peaches is very handsome :lovestruck: but I think THS should change his name as it sounds too feminine to me. :o You're an angel for fostering :angel: .....good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes: