Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bush Creek Hike

JanM
October 29th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Three of us went on what was supposed to be a 1-hr walk today but one of us suggested taking a side trail that no-one knew where it went - so we did. Two and a half hours later, which included about 1/2 hr of bushwacking - we got home. I must admit, we do have some very interesting times on our hikes. Here's a couple of pictures - after we found a trail going down beside the waterfalls..

The dogs had a blast when we were bushwacking - jumping over fallen trees or crawling under them - they loved it!

luckypenny
October 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Wow, wish I could take our guys out for frequent walks like that. How close is it to your home JanM?

JanM
October 29th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Wow, wish I could take our guys out for frequent walks like that. How close is it to your home JanM?

I could walk to the start of this walk in about 20 minutes but I drive instead. To walk there is along an active logging road and, while the drivers are very, very good about walkers on the road, I'd rather not be there with the dogs - so we drive..

luckypenny
October 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Lucky Bobby and Amber. I wish I could just open the back door to woodland like that. It's gorgeous.

growler~GateKeeper
October 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a great adventure :thumbs up nice to be able to pick a new trail every once in a while :)

rainbow
October 30th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Lucky dogs to have access to so many great hiking places. :thumbs up

Ford Girl
October 30th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Nice place to go Jan M. I bet the dogs love it, they seems to like different terrain eh? I bet you can tell by the looks on their faces. :cloud9:

I find new trails make Dazy stick closer to me, she's not so sure of herself. On the way tho she runs ahead, and I try to take duifferent turns every now and then, keep her on her toes.

JanM
October 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
It was interesting to watch - when we went off the known trail but especially when we were bushwacking - every dog had the biggest smile! They just loved being in the woods and finding a way to get - well, somewhere!

New trails don't make mine stay closer - Amber is our forward scout and Bobby guards our backs - whether on a new or known trail.. I guess they figure that's their jobs so they are going to do their jobs...

I just learned of another new trail so we'll be trying that one on Saturday, weather permitting...