Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Edmonton vets doing housecalls for final moments ?

mediastorm73
October 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a 12 yr old westie that has been my best friend and it is very near time to have him put to rest. It is going to be tough when that moment comes.

A friend of mine in Ottawa said he had a vet come to his house to put his dog to sleep and I was wondering if any vet in the Edmonton area offered the same sort of thing.

I would much rather have my little buddy pass away at home instead of a cold vet's exam room if possible.

Thanks for any tips you can offer me

Kind regards.

geisha
October 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Yes. I know of a vet clinic in Edmonton that does do housecalls. You may want to talk to your own vet to see if they might provide this service first. :pray:

white wrabbit
October 29th, 2007, 11:15 PM
i live 20 mins north of Edmonton and all we do have is a vet that comes to your home.. shots and evrey thing and i had my old blue dog put down at the house in mid April. if your local vet can't do it.. send me a msg and i will give you her number but i can't guarantee she will come to Edmonton... but never hurts to inquire about it...

mediastorm73
October 30th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Many thanks for all your responses.

I have a 4pm appointment at my vet today to give him a complete checkup and discuss the options. It is a sad day but it is a part of owning a pet.