Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canned Food Question

Winston
October 29th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone warms up the cat food after it has been refridgerated? I by the teeny can of food...and give my cats each under a teaspoon and that seems to be too much!

I have tried the Evolve, Wellness, Prairie and of course the vets KD...They dont seem to care for it...I have been leaving it down and it seems to disappear after a few hours...The only one they seem to eat right away is the Merricks Grammas Pot Pie...I guess because it is more liquid format..

Cindy

sugarcatmom
October 29th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I used to add warm water to refrigerated cat food to take the edge off, but lately my guy actually prefers it cold. He gets so excited when he hears me taking it out, he's like a little kid waiting for a popsicle. I'm starting to wonder if I should put even the unopened cans in the fridge for him! But he's weird.

Jim Hall
October 29th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I have always warmed the food i give cats Because it smells more and that's what triggers thier appetite Also i think it's a bit easier on thier stomach than cold.

clm
October 29th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I used to warm up any canned stuff I had left over in the fridge too. I don't have to worry about that now with 4 cats....no leftovers :laughing:

Cindy

haus1129
October 29th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I warm it up....she just purrs..

growler~GateKeeper
October 29th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Duffy actually doesn't mind it straight from the fridge but cuz she has CRF I add room temp bottled water to it & that evens out the temp a bit too :)

Love4himies
October 30th, 2007, 07:49 AM
I warm up all my kitties canned food, even when the can has just been opened. They like it slightly warm to the touch, especially the kittens.

Ford Girl
October 30th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Pubert gets Evo twice a day, cold, from the fridge, 2 tbls total, he loves it. A small can lasts me a week or so. No issues. He eats it all at once, and leaves the Oriojen kibble to snack on thru the day.