Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boxer is yelping as if in pain

Tyson Z
October 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Hi,

I'm the "grandma" of a wonderful very active 3 1/2 year old boxer male. He's ususally very hyper when he's in the house looking for a host of ways to get into trouble. About a week ago, he ate some soap, and I really don't think that's the problem, but just thought I'd bring it up in case it does have some bearing on the problem.

The Problem: About 5 days ago, he started acting a little more subdued while in the house. Then he would for no apparent reason, start yelping as if in pain and quickly sit down. He's been doing this now for about 4 days with Saturday night being the worse. He was yelping about 2 or 3 times an hour. I checked his paw and his legs, and I see no signs of trauma or bites. My sister and her dog also live with us and we let them out together and they do rough house when they play. I'm worried that he might have stepped wrong and hurt himself, or maybe it is the soap? Any help would be APPRECIATED!

luckypenny
October 29th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Tyson Z :) .

I think your first step should be a trip to the vet as soon as you can seeing it's been quite a few days. It's pretty impossible for anyone here to tell you what may be wrong with your grandfurbaby. :fingerscr the vet will find out and treat what's ailing him right away.

rainbow
October 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I think there is probably some gastro-intestinal irritation/damage from eating the soap. I would take him to the vet asap. Good luck and please post with an update. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

the gang
October 29th, 2007, 06:55 PM
i agree a trip to the vet, is he scotting maby anual glads good luck brenda and the pins.:thumbs up

rainbow
October 30th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Do you have an update for us? :fingerscr