Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Peacocks -1-:Gardner-0-

WOODY
May 28th, 2004, 05:47 AM
We have had the first major standoff of the season between the staff and the wildlife.
We have three peacocks who adopted us about 2 years ago and since then they have gotten a bit posessive of the property.
We recentlty hired an new maid to do the housework (helping disabled wife about the place) and her husband to do the heavy lifting work and gardening.
Yesterday he was deweeding one of the larger flower beds and the lady peacock was sitting in the center of a flower bed with no interest in moving.
He finally shooed her out of the way and she went about 30 feet away and started calling for her backup. Soon the other two peacocks and the 4 wandering wild geese joined her and they started milling about and one of the wild geeze put his head down and made a run at the gardner's exposed butt crack-nailing him in the rump and scaring the bejezzes out of him. He decided to abandon the work site and the geese felt rather proud of themselves. They were struting about the rest of the afternoon like they had just won the Stanley Cup.
I will sprinkle some food about an acre away from the flower beds tomorrow in order to lure the Feathered fighters away and let the poor man work without risking his rump crack.
Woody

We will see how it goes tomorrow when he returns and and

Iggette
May 28th, 2004, 03:58 PM
lol......Maybe they were offended by the view :eek:

Bill & Bob
May 29th, 2004, 01:09 PM
I know it's the wrong forum Woody, but got any pics? Just kidding. Plumber butt. Very funny.

WOODY
May 30th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Will unleash a plethora of them once I figure out how to cull-pick and choose among the many and get them to the right sites.
WOODY :D