Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New addition.....

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hi guys, if all of you remember, Cpietra was cat sitting for a couple.
Well.... With unforseen circumstances, he is now my new addition.
I went over to her place today for a party, and saw him, was deeply in love. He reminds me so much of tigger, which are very few.
The woman came by, we spoke with Cpietra, and the couple, and decided it was for the best interest of Mickey.
The woman and I will keep in contact.
So.................. without further adieu, here'sssssssssssssssssssss Mickey
I think cat nip helped, he and tigger have not even hissed, which is surprising for tigger......Meant to be friends. They are all out together, but Micke is still ver unsure..

clm
October 28th, 2007, 06:12 PM
What a pretty kitty. Looks like he's taken over :laughing:

Cindy

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 06:15 PM
These pics were taken today still at cpietras house....Right now he is hiding on a chair under the dining room table.
But I do not think it will be long before he takes over

breeze
October 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
he is very handsome rottielover, It was ment to be.. how is harley and the new addition?? how old is he??

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Harley met Mickey at Cpietras, wanted to see if he would be ok with him. He hissed many times at Harley, Harley walked away, no claws used.
Harley wants to see him, but Mickey is still pretty nervous. I am more worried about Tigger and Mickey, than Mickey and Harley.
He was born spring 2006. He is about 1 1/2 years old. Makes him the youngest one here.

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Mickey is a beauty ! :thumbs up Congratulation on the new family member. Is Kayla already in love with him ?

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Kayla was the one who made the final decision for me. She wanted tigger to have a friend, so she was alittle upset when mickey would not come out.
I told her give him some time to adjust to the new life change, he is confused and scared.

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Congrats on the the addition
Mickey is gorgeous :cloud9::lovestruck:

:goodvibes: for a smooth relationship between Tigger & Mickey

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Got some pics of him just now....

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 07:36 PM
here are some more

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2007, 07:43 PM
ooooo look @ that big bushy tail :cloud9: fits in quite nicely w/Tigger & his big bushy tail :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM
aww Tigger is already welcoming him ! Big tail , big paws too ! :lovestruck:

Rottielover
October 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Not welcoming. bullying more like it. LOL. No hissing, but the body language says it all.
Time..time....Only had him since 4pm today

mummummum
October 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM
What a lovely colour he is and so fluffy! He seems pretty laid back in the pix ~ hopefully Tigger will chill out a little over time.

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2007, 08:24 PM
He's beautiful, Rottielover! Congrats on the new family member! :thumbs up

Tigger sure is giving him "the look" in that pic! :cat: They'll loosen up with each other soon, I'm sure. At least Mickey didn't run away and hide! :o

TeriM
October 29th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Mickey is very handsome :lovestruck:. Congrats on the new addition :thumbs up.

cpietra16
October 29th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hey He looks like he will fit in nicely...keep me posted. I will come and visit.

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2007, 08:45 AM
What a pretty boy. He looks like Tigger, except of course he's gray LOL.

It will be nice for Tigger to have a friend.

Rottielover
October 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
He has started to walk around, still hissing every time tigger passes. LOL
He came and lied down with me on the couch, I think he will do just great :)

Frenchy
October 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM
He came and lied down with me on the couch,

Already ? :thumbs up

rainbow
October 30th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Congrats on your new addition....Mickey is very handsome. :lovestruck:

I bet we'll be seeing pics of him, Tigger and Harley sleeping together soon. :D

Rottielover
October 31st, 2007, 07:14 AM
This cat has won my heart...
He is walking around as if nothing, nibbling on my daughter, not taking crap from the dog, and tigger and he are trying to get acquainted.
He came to me for a reason...I know it.
Last night harley was on the bed, and he came and slept on my head. LOL
I sit on the couch, and he comes running and curls in my lap.
I have 2 very affectionate cats, I am sooooo lucky.
A big thank you goes out to cpietra for trusting me with this little guy, and to his original owners who brought them to her in the first place...
I am blessed times 3 now :)

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 07:22 AM
Rottielover,this is great,Mickey is soo beautiful as is of course Tigger and Harley:lovestruck:
I am sure it was meant to be and I look forward to tons of more pics..
Whatever the circumstances were,why the original owners cannot keep him,he is now in the best home ever:thumbs up

Rottielover
October 31st, 2007, 07:26 AM
He definetly is a lap cat, all he wants is to be petted and loved. Kayla loves him already, and tigger is trying to adjust.
Thank you chico, means alot knowing I am a good home for him.
Cpietra should be visiting this weekend, so I can not wait to show her.

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 07:34 AM
I wish I could visit:sad:CPietra is definetly one of our kitty:angel2:on this Forum.
Promise to take pics,ok:cat:

Rottielover
October 31st, 2007, 07:44 AM
Took a whole bunch this morning, battery is dying, have to save some for Kayla in her costume tonight. I will upload them as soon as I get home, and Kayla is in bed.
Yes she really is an angel, a kitty angel as well as a people Angel. She has been there for me.

krdahmer
October 31st, 2007, 10:10 AM
Congrats on the new addition and i love the pics... especially Harley pokin his head over the bed to sniff out the new guy! Too cute. You have three very beautiful animals there!:lovestruck: (I am of course a sucker for fluffy kitties AND rotties... by far the most affectionate dogs I've come across.)

I have a question, obviously Harley is good with the cats, was this training, or was he just always good with them? My husband really wants a dog, but I am nervous about a big dog because of the cats. (And I am trying to make him wait until we have an even bigger house....six cats need a lot of space, and six cats and a dog will need oooodles of space!)

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
I'm glad everything is working out ! :thumbs up Can't wait to see the pictures (oh and you will have to post some of Kayla , what is she wearing tonight?)

badger
October 31st, 2007, 11:50 AM
Very pretty cat. Do you brush him or is he does he take care of his own grooming? My Bird has a similar heavy coat and he is impeccable.
Congrats! I've always thought two was better than one (and from there, things just totally got out of hand :rolleyes:). They'll be pals one day, you'll see.

Rottielover
October 31st, 2007, 12:01 PM
So far he has done all his own grooming, but I will be brushing him soon, he started molting, LOL
Both cats seem to love the brush.
As for Harley. It has been constent training, as he has high prey drive. Some times his chase drive takes over, but tigger knows he won't hurt him, newbie is learning.
Harley knows inside pets, outside prey.