Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A better look at Kiska

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I managed to get two really good shots of my new little girl.

Here you can see her full body shot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Kiska/009.jpg

And here's a better look at her face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Kiska/010.jpg

Her eyes are like a hazel color.

LOL, and here are the Dynamic Duo camped out watching her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Kiska/004.jpg

white wrabbit
October 28th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Awww to cute!!!:lovestruck:

otter
October 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
She's so tiny! But that tail is huge :D a sign of things to come??

The duo look great, and very intent on studying the new addition.

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Cute ! I love how their ears are oversize at that age :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 12:13 PM
LOL, I didn't even notice how big it was. The vet didn't say anything about her possible size, but she did say her brother Maks, was going to be a big kitty.

JanM
October 28th, 2007, 12:38 PM
She sure is a cutie! Love her colouring..

jiorji
October 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww kitten paws:cloud9:

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Her coloring is very pretty, and those white kitty paws are adorable.

Vlad is at the gate, meowing and hissing at her. She's just playing and ignoring him LOL.

allymack
October 28th, 2007, 02:50 PM
aww shes gorgeous! what a prettyful kitty, she looks so innocent in the second picture haha:)

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
And you should see how innocent she looks now, she's asleep on my lap.

I'm thinking though, I think now she's a sort of Calico/Torti. I've been looking on the net and most calico's I'm seeing are more patched with their color.

Anybody out there that knows more about me please give me an idea. I'd like to know the correct wording on her coloring.

krdahmer
October 28th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Looks like brown tabby with white to me. And all cute-i-ful of course!! :lovestruck:

Janie123
October 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
We are considering a kitten. Pepper is 17 now and we are concerned it will devil the poor old thing to death. We got Bubba,a ginger cat,as a kitten and he drove Pepper crazy. he died at age 5 of kidney failure and it was heartbreaking. Also,we don't know if we can afford one right now.
your kitten and cats are adorable.:)

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Looks like brown tabby with white to me. And all cute-i-ful of course!! :lovestruck:

Ah see, I wasn't sure. They told me at the vet she was a calico. Oh well, who knows, she's just cute.

She napped on my lap for a bit, then she was quite vocal about being hungry. I didn't realize she hadn't eaten since this morning. So she's got some food and I gave her her meds.

Vlad and Oksana had their dinner and are now napping. LOL. I'm hoping that by keeping her on the other side of that screen while I'm at work it will give them all a chance, especially Vlad and Oksana, to get used to her scent. And she can also hide in the bathroom if they get too vocal for her with the hissing and stuff.

I'm hoping that by the time I bring Maks home at least I can let her roam around. I'm wondering if she'll recognize her brother. She'll probably be hissing at the poor little guy too.

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 03:58 PM
We are considering a kitten. Pepper is 17 now and we are concerned it will devil the poor old thing to death. We got Bubba,a ginger cat,as a kitten and he drove Pepper crazy. he died at age 5 of kidney failure and it was heartbreaking. Also,we don't know if we can afford one right now.
your kitten and cats are adorable.:)

This isn't going to be easy. I've got to start these two new little ones with their vaccines. But that's just for the next 4 months or so, then spaying and neutering and that's it.

A little extra food a little extra litter, well I'll just have to cut back on something or another.

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm thinking though, I think now she's a sort of Calico/Torti. I've been looking on the net and most calico's I'm seeing are more patched with their color.

Anybody out there that knows more about me please give me an idea. I'd like to know the correct wording on her coloring.

Actually you are both sort of right - her colouring is called Torbie w/white
The definate "M" shape on her forehead defines her as a tabby but the orange smudges, the white patches & especially the bi-coloured nose shows the tortie & white.

from Legacy of the Cat by Gloria Stephens & Tetsu Yamazaki
Torbie, also called a patched tabby or a tortie tabby, is a tortieshell that has been tabbied by adding the agouti gene (the tabby pattern already being in its genotype) If the cat is a torbie the eumelanistic (black/brown) areas must be tabbied.

She is gorgeous :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
October 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I've got quite a unique girl here. I saw she had some tabby features, but I also thought she had the calico/torti.

That's a neat combination she's got going on.

krdahmer
October 29th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Ya I thought that calico's had more 'splotches' of colour and no stripe patterns like the tabbies. Torbie... thats cute.

TeriM
October 29th, 2007, 12:16 AM
She is adorable :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2007, 08:24 AM
I had her on the counter this morning, giving her some medicine and Vlad jumped up to investigate. He hissed a bit and swatted but he also got close to smell her. I'm thinking of this evening having her on the rug, just to have her walk around a bit and get them used to her.

I don't think they will hurt her, but I'll keep a watchful eye. They don't seem to want to hurt her, just curious.

I'm a little angry. Someone on a blog I have commented that what I did to Vlad and Oksana is terrible, to bring in two more cats, and that she would never break her cats heart like that by bringing in another cat.

WTH? I'm sorry, but I would feel worse to NOT have a playmate for my cat. I brought home Oksana because I didn't want Vlad to grow up alone. At first he really gave her a lot of grief, but they adore each other now. And I'd planned on getting two more at some point too, so they could have more friends.

What? I'm supposed to feel guilty for giving my cats friends to love and play with? I adore Vlad, he's my first love. And Oksana is my sweet little girl and I love her dearly. My love for them isn't going to go or lessen. Love is the ONE thing I have in groves. And it is the one thing that is replenishable, there's a never ending supply. I can't even believe someone would suggest I'm making my cats feel bad or abandoned.

Vlad slept next to my pillow all night. Maybe he felt the need to reassure himself, but if I didn't love him I would have pushed him to the floor, but I didn't. I love that he wanted to be so close to me. I hope he makes it his permanent spot.

Love4himies
October 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM
OMG she has the same colours as my newest addition, foster momma Sweet Pea!!!!! Sweet Pea has a white nose though and I thought my Sweet Pea had the most original colouring! We have twins lol.

IT WAS MEANT TO BE!

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2007, 09:11 AM
That's wild! You know, at first I thought her nose was just dirty, LOL, but that's just her coloring. I also noticed her paws have brown patches on them too.