Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Molly and I bid summer farewell

otter
October 28th, 2007, 12:03 PM
It was a sad sight yesterday, we saw the last boat packed up and leave the marina, a sure sign that winter is coming :sad:

http://lh6.google.com/murraymel/RySr3DCVkJI/AAAAAAAAA3w/2nYcQ44150g/s800/IMG_0676-1.JPG

Time for some quiet reflection

http://lh6.google.com/murraymel/RySr2DCVkII/AAAAAAAAA3o/Mb_cJ3N84Dw/s800/IMG_0672-1.JPG

But the play must go on...

http://lh4.google.com/murraymel/RySrwjCVkFI/AAAAAAAAA3Q/MQbHrRvskfs/s800/IMG_0655-1.JPG

Fall on the river

http://lh5.google.com/murraymel/RySryzCVkGI/AAAAAAAAA3Y/DJF75vGnfzQ/s800/IMG_0657-1.JPG

Another kind of "quiet" reflection...

http://lh6.google.com/murraymel/RySr1DCVkHI/AAAAAAAAA3g/0HPLTwxtWec/s800/IMG_0665.JPG

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Beautiful fall pictures Otter, Molly looks so good :lovestruck: I should really look into moving to this place :cloud9:

wdawson
October 28th, 2007, 12:18 PM
great pics otter.....the marina pic.....and molly too

otter
October 28th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Well, it's a good time to be moving here... one of the largest employers around here, the local Mill, just announced it's closure - probably going to be lots of houses for sale in the next year. For the cost of land/houses down south you could probably buy my whole neighborhood :eek:

wdawson
October 28th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well, it's a good time to be moving here... one of the largest employers around here, the local Mill, just announced it's closure - probably going to be lots of houses for sale in the next year. For the cost of land/houses down south you could probably buy my whole neighborhood :eek:

what town are you in?

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Well, it's a good time to be moving here... one of the largest employers around here, the local Mill, just announced it's closure -

I hate when those things happen. :sad: I read the same thing in my local paper this morning , they're closing one on Dec 18. Just before x-mas. :sad: Some of the people have been working there all their lives.

otter
October 28th, 2007, 12:29 PM
It's a hard thing, but not totally unexpected. Here too, the mill will close down in early December (I can't remember the exact date), probably better to have it before Christmas, then at least people get to enjoy time with their families, I guess :frustrated: The mill has only been here for 12 years and lots of people have been there since it opened. Sigh, such is the way for resource based economies :sad:

wdawson
October 28th, 2007, 12:33 PM
It's a hard thing, but not totally unexpected. Here too, the mill will close down in early December (I can't remember the exact date), probably better to have it before Christmas, then at least people get to enjoy time with their families, I guess :frustrated: The mill has only been here for 12 years and lots of people have been there since it opened. Sigh, such is the way for resource based economies :sad:

I live in Wawa (and i'll have to delete this cause anyone who knows where I live will know exactly who I am :evil:)

you still have the giant goose:D....i worked at a hunting\lodge near there when i was younger.....in hawk junction

otter
October 28th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Oh yes! the goose, can't ever forget that. They are refurbishing it right now, it almost lost a wing this summer :eek:

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Gorgeous scenery, otter--and I love the picture of Molly gazing contemplatively into the ripples... :D

Too bad about the mill closing...especially before Christmas. :sad:

What's this "goose" you and dubyaD are talking about? Around here we have huge fiberglass figures...fish, mice with cheese, steers, beer steins...the usual. :D But no geese. :o

breeze
October 28th, 2007, 10:03 PM
the pictures are breathtaking.. makes me want to be your neighbour....
the doggies would have so much fun, and us too of course :D:D
what a peaceful place to be.. re felctions AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. :lovestruck::lovestruck::cloud9::cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Great pics Otter all fabulous shots :thumbs up love the reflection one (pic #2) & the first one of Molly - eager anticipation for playtime :D

no one removes their boats from the marinas here over winter cuz it's never as cold here as there :shrug:

mummummum
October 28th, 2007, 10:22 PM
*Deep sigh* The peaceful solitude and grandeur of nature that is northern Ontario. Lucky you Otter! And even luckier Molly!!

otter
October 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM
my own *sigh*... this would be an amazing place to live if you didn't have to worry about working and if we could convince a great single vet to come and live here too :D:D

Hmmm, can't seem to find a picture of that goose anywhere in my collection... here's one from www.bigthings.ca
http://www.bigthings.ca/ontario/pictures/wgoose1.jpg

hazelrunpack
October 28th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Nice goose! :D Lucky for you I don't have any pictures of the big northern or any of the rest of the tacky but popular figurines in WI. :p

otter
October 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
don't blame you hazel... no shortage of "big" things here in Ontario too, i'm not surprised i'm not the only "local" who doesn't have pictures

growler~GateKeeper
October 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
We've got artist painted statues of whales, then polar bears that are out on display around the lower mainland for several months - then auctioned for charity but the are no where near that big - they are about 6.5 feet tall :D

TeriM
October 29th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Beautiful pictures Otter :cloud9:, I love that first shot of Molly :lovestruck:.

Love4himies
October 30th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Ahhh a Molly fix:cloud9:.

Beautiful pictures, otter. Molly sure is lucky to have found you.

Ford Girl
October 30th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Otter, I went to high school in Wawa, I am from White River! Isn't that funny? I have tones of friends and family that work at the mill you just mentioned, and the mill in WR is also closed.

I am in Calgary, if you decide to come west....pm me....if you need anything

otter
October 30th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Well, i'm not sure about need Ford Girl but my hint earlier got no response...if we could convince a great single vet to come and live here too
so, if you know of any suitable single vets who you can send this way i'll be :cloud9::D:laughing:

I do hear the call of the west now and again .... thanks for your offer

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:03 PM
:cloud9: :cloud9: Beautiful Pics :cloud9: :cloud9: