Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat on waterfront trial

poodletalk
October 28th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I walk my dog along this beautiful waterfront trial, if we see someone else on the trial, it tends to be someone walking their dog.

This summer, I have bumped into more then once a lady who walks her cat along the trial. When she see's a person coming with a dog, she picks up the cat and runs to get away from the dog.

This morning, I was about to go down the hill to get the waterfront trial and I saw the lady with the cat on the trial, then I saw Geisha a malmute off leash running along the trial. (Geisha is a very well trained friendly dog)

The lady see's me and Maggie (husky mix) on top of the trial, see's Geisha running towards her, she grabs her cat and runs up the hill and screams at me and says " I can NEVER profit from walking along this trial"

I think it's great of the lady walking her cat instead of putting it outside. I don't think it's right she walks along the trial and gets mad if she sees a person with a dog. If she wants to profit from walking along the trial, leave the cat at home?

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Of course she will ran into people walking their dogs ! She should find another place to walk her cat peacefully. :shrug:

poodletalk
October 28th, 2007, 11:41 AM
That's what I think she should do! But she wants to enjoy the waterfront trial with her cat. :shrug:

Love4himies
October 29th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I think she has a right to walk her cat on the trail without fear of a dog running up to her cat, I am sure she pays her taxes. Unless it is a legal "off leash" area, all dogs should be leashed, period, no matter how well trained they are, because nobody can predict with 100% certainty what a dog will do.

I personally do not like dogs that I don't know running up to me either. It is kinda scary.

poodletalk
October 29th, 2007, 03:26 PM
It's her right to walk her cat on the trial...I walk my dog there as well on leash and she runs when she sees us. If she wants to walk their with her cat, she has to deal with dogs on leash and off leash like the rest of us.

ancientgirl
October 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
She should just get herself a stroller. That way she doesn't have to worry about dogs leashed or unleashed, and she and her cat can enjoy the trail.

Love4himies
October 30th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Good idea, ancientgirl.

Poodletalk, do you know this person well enough to maybe gently suggest this to her? She can't control how owner's walk their dogs but she can control how she walks her kitty to make the kitty feel more secure.

poodletalk
October 30th, 2007, 01:57 PM
No, I don't know her. I see her everyonce in awhile with her cat on this very long leash. When see us coming, she picks up her cat and runs.

Sunday was the first time she ever spoke to me.