Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I always wondered ....

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Weird question but , you know that if a violent death happens in a house , they sell it cheaper. And bylaw , they must tell you. I know of a house where there was 4 people murdered (family) and people went nuts because it sold so cheap.

So , would you buy a house where there was a suicide or a murder ? Let's say it's your dream house and you can afford it just because of this ...

otter
October 26th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I'd have to pass on that "deal". My imagination is WAY too active, i'd never sleep.

clm
October 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Good question. I think I'd have to pass on the house. I'd be better off not knowing about it's history, knowing would get the better of my nerves.

Cindy

wdawson
yep.....i'd buy the picton farm for the right price :laughing:.....it may even increase in value:rolleyes:

mummummum
it's funny to think that only Quebec has disclosure laws like that ~ Ontario certainly doesn't and I don't think the rest of Canada does either.

I'd have to spend some time in the house at different times to know whether I could live there. I'd probably want to bring at least one dog with me as well.

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 10:19 PM
sounds like frenchy is moving to amityville...or she's opening the bates pet motel:D

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM
yep.....i'd buy the picton farm for the right price :laughing:.....it may even increase in value:rolleyes:

:laughing: did he killed them inside the house ?

M3X , in Quebec , if they don't tell you , it's a "vice caché" (maybe someone can translate) it's like if the water is not good to drink , they know about it but don't tell you , stuff like that.

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM
sounds like frenchy is moving to amityville...or she's opening the bates pet motel:D

:laughing: naaa , but did you know that the only thing true about Amityville is the murders , the story about the house being haunted is not , a couple bought the house and made up the story to make $$$

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM
:laughing: naaa , but did you know that the only thing true about Amityville is the murders , the story about the house being haunted is not , a couple bought the house and made up the story to make $$$

i'd do that too....:laughing:

mummummum
October 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I'd bring the cats with you on a visit Frenchy ~ let them suss out any lingering spirits. Violent deaths can leave some pretty angry or mournful haints.

otter
October 26th, 2007, 10:31 PM
so Frenchy, is there a particular house your are interested in???

Thinking about what mummummumm said I'd probably want to bring at least one dog with me as well.
with ENOUGH dogs, and a few cats (cause they are good with those demon types) anythings is possible :dog:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'd buy the house in a heartbeat if it were my dream house. I like dead people. They make good neighbors :shrug: Very quiet for the most part. :D

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
please tell....:pray:....and spare no detail:laughing:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I don't think I could. Maybe if one person was murdered, but not a whole family , or if someone committed suicide. And altough I'm not religious , I would have a preacher "cleanse" the house just in case :laughing: and yes , all the fuzzbutts with me too.

Then again , in Amityville , the preacher did die in the house :eek: :laughing:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I like dead people.

But what if they appeared in your mirror , or you woke up to find one staring at you.

Just tought about it , I changed my mind. I wouldn't buy it :p

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I don't think I could. Maybe if one person was murdered, but not a whole family , or if someone committed suicide. And altough I'm not religious , I would have a preacher "cleanse" the house just in case :laughing: and yes , all the fuzzbutts with me too.

Then again , in Amityville , the preacher did die in the house :eek: :laughing:

:rolleyes: whats the difference between one murder or four.....murders murder.....i'd get molly maid to clense:laughing:

jiorji
October 26th, 2007, 10:44 PM
ummm is this about the mouse???:laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 10:46 PM
hazel sleeps in the room off the garage. Two owners ago, a guy hung himself out in that garage. He's been very quiet so far...doesn't hog the mirrors, or spend much time creeping people out first thing in the morning, either. :D Like I said...a very quiet, considerate neighbor! :thumbs up

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 10:47 PM

oooh and the murder took place in the bathroom......:laughing:....is frenchy's last name bates:laughing:

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 10:50 PM
hazel sleeps in the room off the garage. Two owners ago, a guy hung himself out in that garage. He's been very quiet so far...doesn't hog the mirrors, or spend much time creeping people out first thing in the morning, either. :D Like I said...a very quiet, considerate neighbor! :thumbs up

i think thats a quiet roomie hazel:laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 10:54 PM
i think thats a quiet roomie hazel:laughing:

he might just be drowned out by the dogs, though, come to think of it... They really do get quite loud now and then for no reason... hmmmmm... :eek:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 10:56 PM

:laughing: if mice ghosts don't make sound , I wouldn't mind that much :laughing:

Two owners ago, a guy hung himself out in that garage.

No shi:censored: !!! omg ! Was the house cheaper ? So that's why you have 8 dogs .... don't want to take any chances hey ? :D

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 11:00 PM
:rolleyes: whats the difference between one murder or four.....murders murder.....i'd get molly maid to clense:laughing:

I couldn't if a family (with kids) died. If only one person , not so bad. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM
No shi:censored: !!! omg ! Was the house cheaper ? So that's why you have 8 dogs .... don't want to take any chances hey ? :D

Nope, not cheaper. Not disclosed, either, since it's not required to be. We'd been living here a few months before we found out...by then we already knew he was no trouble... :D I like to think he's out there patrolling the grounds, keeping us safe from Villainous Varmints... :thumbs up

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Nope, not cheaper. Not disclosed, either, since it's not required to be. We'd been living here a few months before we found out...by then we already knew he was no trouble... :D I like to think he's out there patrolling the grounds, keeping us safe from Villainous Varmints... :thumbs up

or he's haunting you with ticks:eek:....:laughing:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 11:28 PM

:laughing:

I don't get it , the house was not cheaper ? It's not a law to tell the buyers that kind of stuff ? :confused: because it is here. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 11:32 PM
:laughing:

I don't get it , the house was not cheaper ? It's not a law to tell the buyers that kind of stuff ? :confused: because it is here. :shrug:

Nope. Full disclosure only covers physical defects and bad water :shrug: You have to rely on neighbors to tell you about the ghosts. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Ohhhhh....that explains all those little buggers! :eek:

wdawson
October 26th, 2007, 11:35 PM
well my eyelids are hitting my knees....night people

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 11:39 PM
well my eyelids are hitting my knees....night people

You must be tired--this is the wrong thread, dubyaD! :laughing: I think you want the TJT? :p

Nite! :D

erykah1310
October 26th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I would LOVE to live at the Donnelly house:cloud9:
I'm all about the spooky crap!:D ( Creepy Canada is my all time favorite vacation shopping show lol)
My friend in London tells me all about the adventures she has at the "Donnely" house and the amount of "weirdness" that goes on there:cloud9: She goes once or twice a year, lucky b:censored::frustrated:
http://www.quadro.net/~donnelly

So, my answer!! Definately... especially if there was semi-parinormal activity reported there......:eek:

krdahmer
October 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I'd have to pass on that "deal". My imagination is WAY too active, i'd never sleep.

Ditto here....

and I heard that ghosts and mummys are scared of kitties.... so I got meself 6!!!!:rolleyes::laughing:

kiara
October 27th, 2007, 02:59 PM
No thank-you, I would pass such a deal, in either case. I would wonder though what kind of people would buy a house with such history? Wouldn't they become the talk of the town? Something weird for the neighbors to gossip about?

erykah1310
October 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I would wonder though what kind of people would buy a house with such history?

LOL, this kind of person right here!!!:laughing:

happycats
October 27th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yup, I would buy it......but I would have it blessed or something:o Wouldn't want all that negative energy on the house.

Many Many people die, or are killed in houses, I guess ignorance is bliss here in Onataio :shrug:

CyberKitten
October 27th, 2007, 10:49 PM
It would not matter to me. I have some neighbours who were well off (He was a company CEO and they were a bit snobbish to be frank) but they committed suicide or so we think and were found in their car in the garage. I had "issues" with him (no, I was not a suspect, lol) - no one seems to know what caused the , to kill themselves and we all found it tough to be inundated with media for a while.

The home is now owned by a former Member of parliament. A lovely home - who cares what happened there before?

Now if it were haunted... that's another matter, lol I'd have to have proof of that though.

I recently attended a funeral of someone and the funeral (and wake) were held from the fellow's home (Father of a patient). It was bizarre- like out of the5 50's - son preaches in their Church - but I don't know if I could look at that parlour (where the man was "layed out" as we say in the Maritimes - quite the same way again. Then again, there are Irish wakes so who am I to judge.
It was just. well, different - reminded me of my great grandfather 's funeral!!!

Frenchy
October 27th, 2007, 11:38 PM

So Erykah is the only one who would actually pay MORE to get a haunted house :laughing:

CyberKitten
October 28th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I read about the Black Donnelly's - not sure I'd want to live in that house to be honest. I would not mind friendly ghosts. (sort of like casper, lol - that's more my speed, heheh)

erykah1310
October 28th, 2007, 03:01 PM
So Erykah is the only one who would actually pay MORE to get a haunted house :laughing:

Absolutely, so one at discounted price would even get snatched up by me quicker! :laughing:

Frenchy
October 28th, 2007, 09:28 PM

How weird is that ? I never heard about those Donnelly's before , and I was watching Haunted houses on A&E this afternoon and they had a segment on them ! But it was incomplete , they didn't say what happened to the other kids , some of them weren't home when the rest of the family died ....