Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buffalo, Moose meat - Calgary

otter
October 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Ok, so i'm not too sure how to phrase this post... or who might be interested.

Basically my brother in Calgary has a freezer full of meat - Bison and Moose mainly. All human grade but it's been in the freezer for one year, some of it two years. They don't want it anymore. Is there anyone in the Calgary area who would be interested in it? It's free, you'd just have to be willing to pick it up.

I don't feed RAW or know a whole lot about it but I thought it might be suitable. Might be just fine for humans too.

Or, let me know if you have an ideas of who would benefit from this meat and i'll pass the info on.

white wrabbit
October 28th, 2007, 11:26 PM
best thing to do with it if you can't get rid of it.. take it to a butchers or a meat packing place and turn it in to jerky or a garlic sausage!!!!! that is what we do with our that has sat in the freezer for a while.. it tends to get consumed a lot quicker.. if it wasent now hunting season i would say sure but.. will have ours soon enough...

now i got a craving for jerky...:laughing: and i'm all out.

white wrabbit
October 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM
if that dosent help what about see if the mustard seed or an organization like that will take it if they want to get rid of it...

otter
October 28th, 2007, 11:32 PM
We wondered whether quality would be an issue with donating it somewhere, maybe time to give them a call... never thought about taking it too a butcher for jerky or sausage, that's a good idea too. Unfortunately my SIL isn't too crazy on doing anything with the stuff, she just wants it gone :shrug: