Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Change in beagle behavior

jumper2stl
October 26th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I've had Bodhi (my beagle) since he was 10 weeks, he's now 2 years old. About 4 months ago my boyfriend and another roommate moved into the house. And about 5 weeks ago Bodhi has become incredibly aggressive towards them, trying to bit mainly.

I'm wondering if the changes in his daily routine when my roommates moved in might have something to do with it.

Before, when it was just bodhi and me. We would wake up in the morning, i would let him outside while i got ready for work. During the day he would stay in his crate. When i got home i would let him out, then fill his food bowl and the two of us would hang out. At night i would let him out again and then the two of us would go to bed (he would sleep with me).

Now he spends the nights in his crate, and because there are 3 people living in my house the chance that someone is home during the day is pretty good so he spends most of the day just hanging around the house.

Like i said, he's 2 years old all shots are up to date and he is a very healthy, fixed dog. But i just don't understand what has cause this change in behavior.

He hasn't changed his behavior toward me at all.

SnowDancer
October 26th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I have had a Beagle who slept with us. Your pup was crated during day and slept with you at night. Boyfried plus 1 move in and pup has to stay in crate at night (doesn't matter if he has more freedom during day - he wants to sleep with you). Also jealous of boyfriend I expect and the change in his sleeping arrangements has made it much worse. If you can't let your guy in the bed at night, try not crating him. If you let him into the bedroom he will get into bed. Hounds like sleeping in beds with Mom and Dad.