Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our daily walking area...

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Here are some random pix of where we go every morning for our walk. This morning was quite cool - 4 degrees but it was sunny! This is only a small part of where we go - there's an off-leash dog park in a separate area and some walks through the woods that I'll get pix of another time.

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Here's the last two..

Rick C
October 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Looks like fun.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

poodletalk
October 25th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Nice pictures!

Ford Girl
October 25th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Beautiuful dogs Jan, they look great!!! :lovestruck: Did Amber behave? :laughing:

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Beautiuful dogs Jan, they look great!!! :lovestruck: Did Amber behave? :laughing:

YES - SHE DID! Yahooo - and we met the group of dogs - one of which Amber does not like - but she stopped going over to them when I asked her to.... whoopeee....

The dog behaviourist I work with told me that I lose my power with Amber by waiting too long during incidents - waiting too long to act so I'm reacting instead of acting. I've been waiting to see if anything is going to happen before I intervene and he says if I even think something might happen, I should be diverting her immediately. So - yet another thing to do... but we've had about a week now with no incidents... gotta love it..

luckypenny
October 25th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'll be meeting you for walks from now on, lol. After building my 'speed of light' travel machine :D . Beautiful pics! And great job on the re-directing :thumbs up .

Ford Girl
October 25th, 2007, 04:19 PM
YES - SHE DID! Yahooo - and we met the group of dogs - one of which Amber does not like - but she stopped going over to them when I asked her to.... whoopeee....

The dog behaviourist I work with told me that I lose my power with Amber by waiting too long during incidents - waiting too long to act so I'm reacting instead of acting. I've been waiting to see if anything is going to happen before I intervene and he says if I even think something might happen, I should be diverting her immediately. So - yet another thing to do... but we've had about a week now with no incidents... gotta love it..

Excellent work Jan and Amber!! That makes sense for sure, and that's what I am trying to do, I can tell by the other dogs approach how Dazy will react.

Keep at it Jan, good job!

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Excellent work Jan and Amber!! That makes sense for sure, and that's what I am trying to do, I can tell by the other dogs approach how Dazy will react.

Keep at it Jan, good job!

blush, blush, blush....

Thanks!

white wrabbit
October 25th, 2007, 05:16 PM
that is a beautiful place to walk the dogs!! wish we had a place that beautiful around here to go for a walk!!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
October 25th, 2007, 08:18 PM
What a gorgeous backdrop for your gorgeous dogs, Jan! :cloud9:

You have loads more fall color left than we do--most of our leaves dropped within 2 weeks of turning colorful :frustrated:

TeriM
October 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
You have loads more fall color left than we do--most of our leaves dropped within 2 weeks of turning colorful :frustrated:

That's a west coast thing Hazel. Our leaves dropping season seems to go on forever because we have such mild weather. We rake maple leaves from our humongous tree in our front yard for about 2 months before it finally finishes :frustrated:. But ... fall is beautiful, especially on nice sunny days :cloud9:.

JanM, looks like a fabulous place :thumbs up. We'll have to get our dogs together for a walk sometime when I am on the island (maybe meet in Nanaimo somewhere?).

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 09:38 PM
JanM, looks like a fabulous place :thumbs up. We'll have to get our dogs together for a walk sometime when I am on the island (maybe meet in Nanaimo somewhere?).[/QUOTE]

That would be fantastic! The Cable Bay Hike is in south Nanaimo and there's a wonderful walk along the Nanaimo River - again in south Nanaimo and Hemer Park is close by.... oh, yes - let's get together - just let me know when you'll be on the Island!

TeriM
October 25th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds good to me. I probably won't get back over there now until December (my mom lives in Parksville) but I'll definately try and hook up with you then :).

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Sounds good to me. I probably won't get back over there now until December (my mom lives in Parksville) but I'll definately try and hook up with you then :).

Super! Unfortunately, as you probably know, the December weather can be rather nasty for driving and getting around - but it would be a fun thing to do.. I'll look forward to a visit...

growler~GateKeeper
October 26th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Great place to walk your beautiful dogs :thumbs up