Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Morning horror !

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I was awaken at 4:30 am , by something screaming .... high pitch noise ... gave me chills. Got up , the dogs all followed me and that's when I realised ... it was a mouse :eek: :yell: I am deadly afraid of them , I hate them , they're gross and discusting. And if you guys would have heard this one OMG ! I can't believe these little sh:censored: can scream that loud :frustrated:

I took the dogs outside to let the cats do their kill ... I felt relieved that I did have Monsieur le chat and Paddington ! But not for long , Monsieur le chat watched , got tired and went on the kitchen island to rest :frustrated: I , was sitting ON the table with my feeth up on a chair :D mouse stuck behind the door , Paddy could only reach her with his paw , he was almost petting her !!! :mad: And the mouse screamed everytime , I was telling Paddy : kill it kill it !!! Took the door stopper away so he could get to it , mouse ran into the bathroom. After 20 minutes of sitting on the table , I decided to kill it myself , took a broom , got inside the bathroom , climbed on the side of the bath , and I did it. Sorry for all the mouse lovers :shrug: I then went to the garage to get the biggest shovell , Paddy brought it to the dinning room :yuck: so I took it outside. Went back to bed but it was now 5:15 and I get up at 5:30 .... I'm still freaked out about it ......so anyone wants to adopt 2 adult cats ? :laughing:

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 11:34 AM
What a terrible way to start your day! One good thing though - it can only get better!

Shadow killed a rat the other day - they are trying to get indoors this time of year and I guess he got it before it got inside anywhere - he left it on the grass right at the bottom of the stairs from the deck to the yard. Gross!

I'm sorry you had such an awful time..

happycats
October 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Awww to bad I wasn't there, I would have saved him for you!!
Funny, I would be doing the opposite.....locking all the cats in a room so I could save the little rodent! :o

Love4himies
October 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Maybe you are feeding them too well, so it wasn't worth while for them to go through the work to get the mouse.:shrug:

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 11:47 AM
hummm , so I should stop feeding them then :evil:

JanM , a rat ? :yuck:

The mouse was grey , same colour as Monsieur le chat, I was so jumpy , when I was getting ready for work , everytime Monsieur le chat walked by , I was looking all around :eek:

clm
October 25th, 2007, 11:51 AM
:laughing::laughing: Frenchy, look at how big you are, and look at how big a mouse is. :laughing::laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
:laughing::laughing: Frenchy, look at how big you are, and look at how big a mouse is. :laughing::laughing:

Cindy

But ... but ... I'm a tiny girl :o

I don't know why they discust me so much , I love spiders but mice :yuck: :eek:... that's another story. I know I will have problem falling asleep tonight. But next time , the doggies will participate , maybe I'll get more help :frustrated:

Winston
October 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Oh Frenchy! Was it cute like this little guy? :laughing:

Cindy

happycats
October 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM

I don't know why they discust me so much , I love spiders but mice :yuck: :eek:... that's another story. I know I will have problem falling asleep tonight. But next time , the doggies will participate , maybe I'll get more help :frustrated:

Just think of them as preemie kittens:D or Pigmy guinea pigs!

happycats
October 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Cindy

OMG how could you not love that cute fuzzy face!

Riluke
October 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
The two rat brothers Skittles and Mr. Squeeker who live at my house want to inform you that Rats are much nicer than Mice. Rats are very snuggly, loving creatures who make great pets! They are actually quite clean and love their owners.

But I would not like to see a wild one running around my house. Mice generally don't intimidate me but I can understand why they might scare others. Myself, I don't partiuclary care for June bugs...icy

Ford Girl
October 25th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I'm with you Frenchy, I scream and freak out too!! I hate them, yes they are tiny and harmless BUT I can't stand them. :yuck:

I find them in my bbq inthe summer, gross! I found a leg and a tail in Dazy mouth on 2 seperate occasions this summer, not sure if she ate the rest or killed it or just found the tiny body parts? haha! :laughing:

Pubert would have been of no help at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

white wrabbit
October 25th, 2007, 01:26 PM
i know how you feel about the cats not doing there job!! i have 2 as well. and they are not in to mice.. we have tried.. take them to the garage when they get in there and cats just want to go back to the house.. mice don't bother me much but i think if it was make the noise you described.. i would of done the same thing and sat on the table..

ancientgirl
October 25th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Awwww...poor little mousy. I'm scared of them too, but I'd never have the heart to kill one. I think I would have cornered it and taken it outside or something.

Now roaches and ants? THAT is a different story:frustrated:

rainbow
October 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
I'm terrified of them too. :eek: I know I couldn't have killed it but both my cats would have done the job for sure. :evil:

What a crappy way to start your day....I hope it gets better. :goodvibes:

want4rain
October 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
awww, come on Frenchy... how could you not love this??

-ash

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/66/153012115_bf126717df.jpg

JanM
October 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
"JanM , a rat ? "

Yes - it was a rat - not the big Norwegian rat - just a big ordinary rat! Eeeuwww - not my favourite critter...

CyberKitten
October 25th, 2007, 05:19 PM
So sorry your day was bad for you - not too good for the mouse either of course. :D A mouse can't hurt you you know. But I understand the far - I recall as a small child jumping on a chair over a big June bug yet I was always unfarid to pick up mice or harmless maritime snakes. Maybe your kitties are so well fed they don't think a mouse os worth it - or maybe they've already made friends, lol

Hope the rest of the day was better!

dmc123
October 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM

So sorry Frenchy, such a bad way to start the day...but I can't believe you like spiders more than little furry mice! I have had to take care of a few here as my big cats are like yours...just want to play with the mice...LOL

Diane

coppperbelle
October 25th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm with you. I absolutely hate mice and rats.:eek: I am really scared of them. We have them at our cottage and like others have said this is the worst time of year for them as they are trying to find a warm place to spend the winter. I got news for them, they ain't staying at my place. I have traps all over and I check them all the time. I have never heard them scream thank goodness.

If you want I can lend you Chloe. She is a great hunter and probably better than your two cats. A word of warning though. If a dog eats a mouse they get the worst gas. :yuck:

coppperbelle
October 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
You know if you had a signifigant other you could have sent him in to the bathroom with the broom. :laughing:

wdawson
October 25th, 2007, 07:09 PM
:laughing:....i can see it now.....frenchy in a house coat....white socks with crocks....broom in hand,4 goldens as her backup,peeking into the bathroom,a quick 2 step leap onto the tub,swings the broom....eek i missed....swing eek i got it.....pokes critter with broom handle....oh i think it moved....whack with the broom......another 2 step leap....:laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 25th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Frenchy, now that hazel is no longer feeding them toads in the garden (:rolleyes:), the garter snakes are looking for meals. They've volunteered to take care of your mice for you. Want me to ship you a couple? :p

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Cindy

awww, come on Frenchy... how could you not love this??

-ash

Oh yes , they are real cute http://bestsmileys.com/animals/9.gif :rolleyes: :yuck: note to self , put Winston and want4rain on black list ... we'll get them back , oh yes we will .... :evil:

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 07:55 PM
You know if you had a signifigant other you could have sent him in to the bathroom with the broom. :laughing:

Everytime something like this happens , I think : let someone else take care of it , I turn around to scream : please come and help me !!! But I realise I'm all alone and I have to do it myself :yell: At my last appartement in Lasalle , I woke up on the couch to find a bat flying in circle in the living room , above my head , I catched it (with a tupperware :laughing:) and took it outside without killing it ! As for trap , I heard sometimes blood splashes all around when they get caught in them :yuck:

Yes please , I will take Chloe :D

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM
:laughing:....i can see it now.....frenchy in a house coat....white socks with crocks....broom in hand,4 goldens as her backup,peeking into the bathroom,a quick 2 step leap onto the tub,swings the broom....eek i missed....swing eek i got it.....pokes critter with broom handle....oh i think it moved....whack with the broom......another 2 step leap....:laughing:

Half right :laughing: the dogs (all but Ben who stayed on his doggy bed :laughing:) were taken outside , and then behind close doors in my bedroom, I didn't want them to interfere with the chase ... Nelly would have ran after Paddy who could have lost the mouse. That was when I tought the job would have been taken care of by the cats :rolleyes: next time , the dogs will be there ! :evil: (oh and yes , I did poke it to make sure it was dead!!!)

Hazel , I will take the snakes too. Rather them then mice :yuck: did I mention this already : :yuck:

hazelrunpack
October 25th, 2007, 08:03 PM
If any of the snakes are still talkin' to me I'll see if any of them want to take a trip north. :thumbs up :D

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 08:10 PM
If any of the snakes are still talkin' to me I'll see if any of them want to take a trip north. :thumbs up :D

Well Hazel , they must love you , you have been feeding them toads all summer long ! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Well Hazel , they must love you , you have been feeding them toads all summer long ! :laughing:

They've been less than pleased with me since I cut them off, though... :o

Boubou
October 25th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Ok Frenchy, I seriously think you need to do something drastic to get over this fear of rodents - get a Hamster!!!! Once you fall in love with that adorable, little ball of fur, you'll no doubt see nothing but cuteness in every little rodent that happens to pass your way!!

While looking for Zoe tonight, I actually SAVED a mouse from the clutches of a mean, orange kitty.....poor little thing! I was trying to make him run back into the field while keeping the cat distracted with Zoe's brother Smootchie (a very friendly Rottie), but he (the little mouse) was so terrified that he stood his ground and kept trying to attack me by standing on his little hind legs, mouth open, squeaking. It was very sad, but I finally convinced him to 'run free' safely into the field. I would have picked him up but I know those little teeth can hurt!

On the same note, we also saved a squirrel on our way home from work tonite....as we were passing him on a busy blvd, he didn't look like the typical squished, dead squirrel so I had to check him out to make sure.
We stopped the car and as I was approaching him, I noticed his tail twitch, so I immediately ran into the middle of the street to stop the oncoming cars that would have no doubt ran over him again and sure enough he was alive AND conscious. So I lifted his tail, slid my hand under his belly and got him onto the grass nearby. I ran back to the car for a box or something (didn't have either) and when I went back to see him, I bent down to touch him and he took off!!!

But in the meantime, Zoe's still missing :(

Frenchy
October 25th, 2007, 10:17 PM
So I lifted his tail, slid my hand under his belly and got him onto the grass nearby.

That's it , I won't be sleeping tonight :yuck: but thanks for saving him :o

I did have a pet rat one time when I was a teen, was going to be fed to a snake at a friend's place so I took him home. But as soon as I caught his paw in the cage door once , he hated me and always wanted to bite me :mad: he was relocated to another friend's place.

Oh and I forgot to mention , Bailey did get a mouse in his mouth 2 summers ago , we were outside , I screamed so loud , he just spitted it out. Waited until the morning for the neighbor's cats to come and get it (it was dead) but they never did so I had to pick it up (again , with a shovell) and threw it in the garbage.

Mahealani770
October 26th, 2007, 07:52 AM
OMG...I'm about in tears imagining that poor lil mouse SCREAMING for its life! :cry: Frenchy! Why couldn't you just shoo him out the door?

krdahmer
October 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM
God Bless the poor mousy:sad:...:rip: And poor Frenchy, thats how I used to be with bugs and mice... well and still am with rats (not the pet variety... the diseased pest variety). Until one day the cutest little mouse got stuck in our vents and my husband used a flashlight, some cheese and a pair of tongs to fish it out, and we relocated it out in the field. It was so cute... and so scared. So I prefer the humane relocation idea to disposal now, but spiders and centipedes just get a swift quick shoe still. I do however give spiders the don't be here when I get back option... after all they do kill all the other bugs that creep me out.

Oh and do I have a creepiola story for you... I was in the shower one day at our old house and I shower without my glasses on, so I see in the corner of the tub what looks to be another furball, because that was where Windy liked to chuck them up.... only to bend down and reach for it to have it scurry away!!!:eek: It was an enormous millipede!!!! I screamed so loud I scared the neighbour and fell out of the tub taking the shower curtain with me. Got my wits about me and smashed it with a shoe just before it escaped down the drain to come back another day.... EW!!:yuck: LoL after that the little mouse was nothing...:rolleyes::laughing:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 11:23 AM
OMG...I'm about in tears imagining that poor lil mouse SCREAMING for its life! :cry: Frenchy! Why couldn't you just shoo him out the door?

Oh yes , that would had been easy :laughing: It was him or me. :shrug:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
It was an enormous millipede!!!! I screamed so loud I scared the neighbour and fell out of the tub taking the shower curtain with me.

:laughing:

Smiley14
October 26th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Hmmm, I think I better send Billy over to the Frenchy household for some much needed lessons in protecting mommy. :laughing: He would have scampered his old butt over there in a second and promptly killed and eaten that thing before you could even blink. :laughing: :sick: *shudder*

mummummum
October 26th, 2007, 08:11 PM
My house was invaded by mice one year. The total catch and release and eventual kill-the-little-:censored:-before-I-lose-my-mind was over fifty. When you wake up with mouse droppings in your coffee mug, on your toothbrush, your underwear for months on end...when you sit in your living room and watch five of them race around on top of your coffee table with nary a care in the world...when you pull back your bed covers for sleep at night and there they are nestled on your pillow...when every scrap of food you own in the cupboard is gnawed on THEN you can tell me all about what cute little dickens they are. Until then they remain, fetid, disgusting, invasive RODENTS :yell:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
.when you pull back your bed covers for sleep at night and there they are nestled on your pillow...

:eek: I would have freaked !!!! I so did check my bed last night ! And I agree , not only I am scared of them , but I don't see them as cute little things , I see them as vermin and I don't want that in my house. :shrug:

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, I think I better send Billy over to the Frenchy household for some much needed lessons in protecting mommy. :laughing:

You can bet next time , I won't lock up the dogs in my bedroom. Sam is always hungry so :fingerscr...... :laughing:

mummummum
October 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
:eek: ... I see them as vermin...

VERMIN ~ that was the word I was looking for :evil:

otter
October 26th, 2007, 08:37 PM
When you wake up with mouse droppings in your coffee mug, on your toothbrush, your underwear for months on end...when you sit in your living room and watch five of them race around on top of your coffee table with nary a care in the world...when you pull back your bed covers for sleep at night and there they are nestled on your pillow...when every scrap of food you own in the cupboard is gnawed on THEN you can tell me all about what cute little dickens they are. Until then they remain, fetid, disgusting, invasive RODENTS

Yup, i'm at this point in my house. I've killed too many to count (though a couple have "escaped"), the cats are no help, Molly's not interested and now they steal the peanut butter out of the traps without setting them off:yell::yell::yell::yell:

Frenchy, impressive hunting skills (as I try and wipe that beautiful picture wdawson painted out of my head and replace it with

Frenchy
October 26th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Otter , I'll stick with my broom :p

otter
October 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM
No doubt! Your skills with a broom are not to be trivialized :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 26th, 2007, 10:55 PM
VERMIN ~ that was the word I was looking for :evil:

Varmint's a pretty good one, too! :thumbs up :D The Pack loves Varmints. :dog:

Frenchy with a loaded gun! :eek: Now I'm gonna lose sleep :p Thanks, otter!

Hogansma
October 26th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I hate mice and rats too. Yuckkkk!!!!:yell: Last summer my dog Hogan caught a rat near the fig tree and didn't quite kill it. He left it by the picnic table and I had my sister and her husband coming over in an hour so I had to deal with this thing. Also I didn't want it to suffer. I tried and tried but just couldn't get up the nerve to finish him off. Finally I got my adult son to do it. Poor guy had tears running down his face after. When my sister arrived, I didn't say a word but Hogan kept sniffing around where he had been as we sat at the picnic table. Ahhh, if they only knew .......:laughing:

rainbow
October 27th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Frenchy with a loaded gun! :eek: Now I'm gonna lose sleep :p Thanks, otter!

You gotta watch out for Frenchy.....she already told us about her alter-ego:

http://bestsmileys.com/cops/4.gif

growler~GateKeeper
October 27th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hmmm, I think I better send Billy over to the Frenchy household for some much needed lessons in protecting mommy. :laughing: He would have scampered his old butt over there in a second and promptly killed and eaten that thing before you could even blink. :laughing: :sick: *shudder*

yeah but Billy would be enjoying his snack on the counter top remember :laugh: :laugh: