Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm new

jamie 82
October 25th, 2007, 12:20 AM
hey all,

i'm new to the forums and i gotta say - this is a great place to find info.

we have a new puppy - currently 7 wks old...she's a bichon/pekinese cross. she's quite a handful, however, she's adorable.

we're having a tough time potty training - she will go on pee pads on the kitchen floor when she's penned in...but when we take her to the living room (carpet), she will not go on pee pads...any ideas as to why?

we're having a tough time being consistent - do the puppies know the difference between pee pads and newspaper?

the other big problem we have is whining. she whines when we leave - which is understandable. but she will whine when we're in the house, in the same room as her...is this typical puppy behaviour?

I look forward to learning about puppy training! thanks guys!

kamorrison
October 26th, 2007, 01:59 AM
hey all,

i'm new to the forums and i gotta say - this is a great place to find info.

we have a new puppy - currently 7 wks old...she's a bichon/pekinese cross. she's quite a handful, however, she's adorable.

we're having a tough time potty training - she will go on pee pads on the kitchen floor when she's penned in...but when we take her to the living room (carpet), she will not go on pee pads...any ideas as to why?

we're having a tough time being consistent - do the puppies know the difference between pee pads and newspaper?

the other big problem we have is whining. she whines when we leave - which is understandable. but she will whine when we're in the house, in the same room as her...is this typical puppy behaviour?

I look forward to learning about puppy training! thanks guys!

Hi from Kate,

Be patient, it will come - constinently encourage to go "out" or "pee pee" whatever works in your life. Whining - not sure, how many hours is she in the cage?

Let me know,

K.

jamie 82
October 26th, 2007, 05:12 PM
hey there,

we dont' keep her in a cage...we pen her in the kitchen with a gate - a fair size space. a little bigger than an office cubicle.

she's lokced up from 8:30 til 12:30, then 1:30 until 5. we know she stops whining about 5 minutes after we leave...its when we're home that she sometimes whines even when we're in the same room.
This has died down significantly in the last couple days. I'm going to attribute that to her adjusting to our routine.