Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cable Bay Hike

JanM
October 24th, 2007, 08:26 PM
A friend showed me a new hiking trail today - WOW! It is so beautiful there - I must go back soon... 1 - a seal playing in the Narrows, 2 - a rather nice-looking boat that happened by; 3 - the trail to get to the ocean...

growler~GateKeeper
October 24th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Jan looks like a great place to walk the dogs :thumbs up Beautiful scenery...wish I could get over to the Island for some hiking :)

JanM
October 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Jan looks like a great place to walk the dogs :thumbs up Beautiful scenery...wish I could get over to the Island for some hiking :)

Well, come on over - it's worth it!

hazelrunpack
October 24th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Looks beautiful there! :cloud9: What did the dogs think of the seal? :D

JanM
October 24th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Looks beautiful there! :cloud9: What did the dogs think of the seal? :D

There were 4 California Sea Lions playing in the harbour - the dogs didn't bat an eye - I think because we see seals - both the Sea Lions and the Harbour Seals in our own harbour so they are used to them. I must admit, though, when the sea lions are around, I don't let the dogs in the water! I've never heard of a Sea Lion going after a dog but I sure don't want mine to be the first...

hazelrunpack
October 24th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I hear ya! :eek: Sea lions are pretty big! They'd put me off, too.

breeze
October 25th, 2007, 09:17 AM
what a beautiful place !!!!!! now thats what I call a trail at the end of a rainbow..

Smiley14
October 26th, 2007, 07:35 PM
WOW! That is a gorgeous place for walking/hiking! I am jealous! :yell: LOL! You are so lucky!! I love the boat pic! And the golden butts! :laughing: :lovestruck:

JanM
October 26th, 2007, 08:38 PM
It was so gorgeous, I went back today and finally got a picture of a Sea Lion - strange colour on this one and he was big!

mummummum
October 26th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Gosh that's just breathtaking scenery!

JanM
October 26th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Yes, the scenery is breathtaking - we sat for about half an hour - just watching the Sea Lions and the boats...

otter
October 26th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Oooooo, ahhhhhh, gorgeous.

I always wanted to work for the coast guard... but I couldn't have a doggy and work for them (too much traveling etc. and 5 months of training where you had to live in residence, no dogs allowed :sad:). Wouldn't having a dog in the coast guard be a good thing, especially a RETRIEVER!!:shrug: