Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sit means sit

allymack
October 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
well i was just doing some random browing for a new dog collar, and i found a collar by Sit means Sit dog training. i was totally amazed when i saw this, althoguh i dont really understand how it works but the dog becomes extremely attentive to you, i have a link..if i am allowed to post it.. it just shows a dog in a dog park ( the dog if off leash) and he hasnt left his owners side and even when the other dogs come around he still focuses on his owner/trainer, so i was wondering if anybody has tried this..and if it actually works, i have watched a couple andom videos about it now, seems interesting, and am i allowed to post the link..its from youtube.com

luckypenny
October 23rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
I don't see why not. We often post links to various training equipment that other members may find useful.

rainbow
October 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I agree. This sounds quite interesting so please show us what you found. :)

growler~GateKeeper
October 24th, 2007, 02:54 AM
I just googled it & it sounds like something that could very easily be used harmfully ie extensively by some or modified to hurt the dog. :shrug:

From SitmeansSit.com
The remote collars we refer to today are collars that allow you to handle a remote hand held device that emits a vibration, or a mild pulse of electric stimulation under your control, much like a leash is used.

Sounds a little too close to shock collars to me

mummummum
October 24th, 2007, 04:39 AM
There are many ways to train a dog. Except in rare instances, aversion therapy using shock stimulus should not be one of them.

Stick with what you are doing Allymack!

allymack
October 24th, 2007, 06:33 AM
oh yah for sure i am definately not going to buy that collar...its $210 i was just wondering if anyone else had bought it and tried it, i will post the link if you would loike to have a look. http://sitmeanssit.com/ i just found it interesting how it made the dog so attentitive to you..alothough i'm not so positive about it now that its kind oh like a shock collar :frustrated: