Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pain in area on the left of penis

loverly_dogs
October 23rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
My Dachshund had surgery 1 year ago. He had an object removed from his stomach and also was neutered. Ever since his surgery he gets pain on the left side beside his penis or on his penis after eating dinner. He cries and bites at his penis and area around it, and i am concerned that something is wrong. The pain can last from 1 to 10 minutes. He also has been getting odourless discharge from penis (maybe smegma) for the last few days. He is in good shape, and good health and eats very good food (medi cal Preventative) which he's been on for 14 months:shrug:.

wdawson
October 23rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
what has your vet said?

rainbow
October 24th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I was wondering the same thing....have you asked your vet about this? :confused:

Also, Medi-Cal is not a very good food. Check out our Food Forum here for some better options. :pawprint:

mummummum
October 24th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I think you probably will want an ultrasound. If this pain started up only after the surgeries, there may be residual scarring which is causing a GI tract blockage and therefore pain.

loverly_dogs
October 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
The vet that did the surgery said that it was nothing and that he would stop doing it...(it being the crying and the chewing) but he hasn't stopped doing it. My concern was that he did something wrong when he neutered him. I really don't know.. I don't like that vet any longer, he way over charged me, i know a lady who had the exact same surgery and she paid like 900 less than me. And the computer print out of the cost for everything was one amount and when i went to pick him up all of a sudden it was 900 more, not to mention the 5 things he double charged me for. I just don't know why he does it... Is it his stomach or is it his neuter job....

mummummum
October 30th, 2007, 09:48 PM
My honest opinion is that you need to see a Vet, preferably one who specializes in internal medicine. And I think you need to do this sooner rather than later as your dog is obviously suffering given that it has now been a YEAR since his surgery.

tomboy24681020
November 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Hey! Sorry :sorry:I'm not much help! But its too bad that you don't live in Queensland like me because the vet that I take my dog too is one of the best and doesn't charge you a lot. Your poor dog! That must hurt. Thank You!

Fingers Crossed That Your Baby Boi Gets Better! :fingerscr