Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our walk this morning..

JanM
October 23rd, 2007, 06:23 PM
There were only about 8 dogs so it wasn't as crazy as it has been - dogs sure had fun though!

Frenchy
October 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Did I see some kind of Mastiff on the second pic ? (on the left , dark brown)

It must be nice when all the doggies enjoy eachother ! :thumbs up

allymack
October 23rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
are all 8 yours?

JanM
October 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Frenchy - the mastiff colouring you see is actually a boxer - he is gorgeous! Poor guy - he is about a year old and hasn't been socialized - but he's learning. This was only his 2nd time out (I think).

Allymack - no, I only have two - two Goldens. A friend has a dog-walking business and I go with him every so often. Today there were two new dogs - the boxer and a black and white dog - no idea of it's breed.

The dogs absolutely love it - they race each other down the road - there's no traffic here during the week - and they race in and out of the forest - they just have a blast!

breeze
October 23rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
is this "your" road or do you have to go far for this trail..

wow eight dogs and they all get along.. amazing..

dmc123
October 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
neat shots! I wish mine would walk like that...they would all run off!

Diane

Frenchy
October 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Frenchy - the mastiff colouring you see is actually a boxer - he is gorgeous!

Oh , wow ! He looks gorgeous !

hazelrunpack
October 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
he he Yeah, eight dogs that get along! :laughing: Silly Breeze...eight is the perfect number! :thumbs up

They sure do look like they're having fun, Jan! :cloud9: That's really pretty country, too. I love the forest! It looks so remote :D

JanM
October 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=breeze;493423]is this "your" road or do you have to go far for this trail..

I could walk from my home to this road - it's about a 20-minute walk but its along an active logging road so I drive. The road goes in for 2.5 k where there is a creek - right now its a raging creek and waterfalls. We can climb up beside the waterfalls and go underneath one of them. It is so beautiful out here.

We have had 14 dogs on one walk and - yes - they all get along. There were a couple of issues with the boxer today because he is just learning how to socialize but no real problems at all. I've never seen a fight or any serious aggression on these walks.

I can't tell you what an absolute pleasure it is to see the dogs running - just because they can! Leaping over fallen trees in the forest - just because they can.. it's a very, very, pleasant way to spend a couple of hours!

breeze
October 23rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
It would be nice to see dog in my area getting along let alone the humans.. but the dog here are old and none of them want to get together for a walk...
there are a couple not many but the humans just don't want to go out for a walk or excerise I am the only one that does !!

JanM
October 23rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
It would be nice to see dog in my area getting along let alone the humans.. but the dog here are old and none of them want to get together for a walk...
there are a couple not many but the humans just don't want to go out for a walk or excerise I am the only one that does !!

Hmmm - is this where the adage "dogs take after their owners" takes on a whole new meaning:D I find that most people with dogs who don't like to get out and socialize, have dogs that just aren't social!

We sure could learn a lot from our 4-legged friends :dog:

breeze
October 23rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hmmm - is this where the adage "dogs take after their owners" takes on a whole new meaning:D I find that most people with dogs who don't like to get out and socialize, have dogs that just aren't social!

We sure could learn a lot from our 4-legged friends :dog:

so true so true

rainbow
October 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM
It is so great to see dogs running free and enjoying themselves. :cloud9:

I could walk from my home to this road - it's about a 20-minute walk but its along an active logging road so I drive. The road goes in for 2.5 k where there is a creek - right now its a raging creek and waterfalls. We can climb up beside the waterfalls and go underneath one of them. It is so beautiful out here.

Pics pleeeeze. :D