Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's been awhile since I've been here.......

momto2
October 23rd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Hi all! I haven't been here in quite some time so I thought I'd share some recent new with everyone! To start off with, in November 2006 we lost our cocker spaniel, Wagner, to cancer he was 11 yrs. It was the worst thing we have had to go through in a very long time. He was a member of our family.
I swore I would never go through this heartbreak again...but there was a huge void in our life. Our son was particularly devastated. They were the best of buddies.
After a few months of our son asking for another dog we decided to adopt a Rat Terrier through Ratbone Rescue which we found on Petfinder. I had never heard of this breed before....but let me tell you, he has been a the greatest little guy:goodvibes:
We now have our 2 cats, Simba white big girl, and Ismaelle our 11 yr. old tiny Siamese and Phoenix our 3 yr. old Rat Terrier:dog:
Hopefully I did this right, I've attached a photo of our newest addition!

ancientgirl
October 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
He's very cute. What a wonderful little pose he has.:lovestruck:

wjranch
October 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Rat terrier's are great little dogs... fun loving, friendly and energetic.
The few I've had to opportunity to meet were anyway... and possibly not quite as 'dominant' as JRT's can be known to be.

:thumbs up Good for you for rescuing!

Lukka'sma
October 23rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
What a cute little addition to your family Phoenix is.
Sorry about the loss of your wonderful doggie, it is so sad to have a family member taken away,:rip:Wagner

momto2
October 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you for your condolences, Lukk's mama. He's now at peace:angel2:

rainbow
October 23rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Glad to see you back but I'm so sorry to hear about Wagner. :rip: :grouphug: :candle: I've had dogs with cancer too and it is so sad to go through it with them. :sad: Wagner will always leave pawprints on your heart. :pawprint:

Phoenix is sure a cutie :lovestruck: and thanks for rescuing an older puppy. :angel: You should post pics of him in the Photo Forum as we'd love to see more of him. And, some of Simba and Ismaelle as I don't recall ever seeing their pics. :o

momto2
October 23rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Glad to be back:) Thanks. I am posting pics right now so you can see all my fur babies;)

rainbow
October 23rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm off to check them out :D ..........

clm
October 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm off to check them out :D ..........

Me too! :D

Cindy

momto2
October 30th, 2007, 09:52 AM
It's great to be back here! Love sharing photos and stories with everyone, and reading and looking at everyone else's! It's nice to know I'm not the only one to treat my furbabies as though they are children:dog: When going through photos with family, they say we have as many pics of our pets as our children! LOL

Janie123
October 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM
My parents have 2 rat terriers,Rassie and JJ. They are SO cute. I'm so sorry to hear about Wagner. It is so tough to lose a member of the family.:cry: Welcome to Phoenix!:grouphug:

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 10:53 AM
Welcome back Momto2 ~ you've been missed ! But I am sorry to hear about Wagner :grouphug: Phoenix looks like a delight :cloud9:!