Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick Chinchilla

meduca
October 23rd, 2007, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone, I have 4 chinchillas and 1 is not feeling well. I am actually scared I might lose him. It all started bout 3 days ago, but last night was the worst. Usually everyone sleeps together on the top floor but last night one of my males stayed at the bottom and actually hasn't really moved since. 1 of his eyes is shut and the other is half open, his ears are droopy and he is freezing. I put hay down for him and put an extra food and water dish down cause he won't go up top to eat. I also gave him a plastic igloo to hide out in and he likes it. His girlfriend was checking on him all day today which is weird cause she should of been sleeping, this makes me worry. Oh and 1 more thing he shakes likes crazy it reminds me of a person with parkinsons disease. Can anybody think of anything to help, oh ya and I have a little heater on in my room so his temp is a little better........Thanks

hazelrunpack
October 23rd, 2007, 01:58 AM
Welcome to the board, meduca.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about chinchillas, but it does sound like your little guy could really use the services of a vet. Is there a vet in your area that has some experience with exotics?

I hope he's better soon! :fingerscr Please keep us posted.