Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello To All

Tiia Kelly
October 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Everyone;)
I am glad to have found this site..I very recently lost my cat Happy and am looking forward to talking to others who have lost a loved companion, my other cat Tazz, is heartbroken ...and I am wondering if it is such a good idea at this time to introduce another cat/kitten to him...:cat:

Thanks

Jim Hall
October 23rd, 2007, 12:26 AM
sorry to hear of your loss You will fiond many a sympathectic ear here
How lonk has it been ?
ANd are you ready for another cat?

hazelrunpack
October 23rd, 2007, 12:34 AM
So sorry to hear of your recent loss, Tiia Kelly. :grouphug: Such a difficult time for you.

But welcome to the board.

I'm sure lots more members wise in the way of cats will chime in to help you with your current decision. (I'm more of a dog-dominated personality...cats mystify me, much as I admire them. :o)

allymack
October 23rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
welcome to pets.ca! sorry about your loss:grouphug:, i think you should most definately get another pet, but only if yourready. but keep this in mind if you do get another cat/kitten,how old is taz? if he is young and still has energy get a kitten but if he is older with less energy a cat would be better. also it would be a good choice to adopt :thumbs up

Tiia Kelly
November 1st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Thank you to all who welcomed me and replied...
I am still mourning Happy :candle:, life is not same without him, even though he was a rescued stray and was with us for 6 months, he had such an impact on our lives...he was a gentle soul, with those smiling eyes..:angel:
Tazz each morning is wanting to look outside for him and has been losing wieght, I called my vet who suggested I introduce a new kitten...

Am I ready? I think I am and in the past few days a couple of stray kittens have showed up in our back yard..they are so tiny and afraid , so I have been setting out food and warm milk and a little pet bed with a blanket with our scent on it, to try to get them to trust me...

We will have to wait and see..

Again thank you for caring...

hazelrunpack
November 1st, 2007, 02:13 PM
It sounds like Someone is looking out for you and Tazz as well as those little kittens. :D I hope it all works out wonderfully for you all!

:grouphug:

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Welcome!!:)