Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My New Baby! but who is daddy?

white wrabbit
October 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM
we adopted our new baby girl yesterday. We named her Maggie!! she was born in to shelter life.. she is 7 months old now.. very sweet and gentle laid back and dosent bark. (will find out more on that later got my friend coming to ring the door bell if she gets a chance). they did know her mom was a pound surrender and was a prego Doberman Pincher.

leaves us wondrening who her daddy was?
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/Jacksonx3/100_6992.gif
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/Jacksonx3/100_6996.gif

roccoisus
October 21st, 2007, 12:54 PM
I love her markings what a sweetie :lovestruck:

shredy
October 21st, 2007, 03:26 PM
So cute, congrats on your new baby!! I think dad may have been a cattle dog?? Love the marble coloring, such a cute face too. :cloud9:

Smiley14
October 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Oh she is beautiful! I'm not sure what she's mixed with either, looks like perhaps a pointer or hound type dog with the coloring and long tail. But I'm not good at guessing. :o Whatever she is, it's very striking! :lovestruck:

TeriM
October 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Very cute, looks like she is settling right in :lovestruck:. Cattle dog for daddy sounds right to me :thumbs up.

Lukka'sma
October 21st, 2007, 03:36 PM
She's beautiful. Congratulations on the new addition

kara1
October 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
is she the one from the shares rescue. shes beautiful congrats on your new puppy

growler~GateKeeper
October 21st, 2007, 07:56 PM
purrty girl - I'd say either Australian Cattle Dog or German ShortHair Pointer or as a more obscure choice could be Lousianna Cathoula Dog

mummummum
October 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
Awwww...she's a sweetie. Looks like she'll be a BIG'UN though!

white wrabbit
October 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
thank you!! yes she is from shares!!! (note about shares they update petfinder.com a lot more often then there web page) they said Bluetick coon hound in her posting on petfinder.com but in her records said possible pointer.. but i do see the cattle dog spots.. (our last dog was a cattle dog) she is tall and skinny. but she is settling in quite nicely.. i missed not having a dog in the house...

Dracko
October 21st, 2007, 10:12 PM
I love how she's already up on the couch all comfy. :lovestruck:

My Dracko (GSD) was born at the pound, too. His mom was picked up and adopted. A couple days later the people brought her back after they'd discovered she was pregnant. She stayed until her puppies were weened and then they picked her up again.

Frenchy
October 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM
Oh my , she's a beauty ! Love her coloring :lovestruck: I vote for Cattle dog for the father too.

JanM
October 21st, 2007, 10:18 PM
She sure is a beauty! Love her colouring and it is so nice to see that you don't spoil your dog by letter her on the couch :D

rainbow
October 21st, 2007, 11:31 PM
She is beautiful. :lovestruck: I think she looks more blue tick coonhound and she musn't take after her mom cuz I don't see much Dobie in her at all. :o

growler~GateKeeper
October 21st, 2007, 11:37 PM
now that it's mentioned Bluetick Coonhound could be it especially the second pic but those ears are more natural (not cropped) Dobie ears than coonhound - they've got much wider ears except when you look at this link to ACD & picture natural dobie ears :)

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/australiancattledogphotos2.htm
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catahoulaphotos2.htm
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bluetickphotos2.htm

white wrabbit
October 21st, 2007, 11:40 PM
wow i was just looking at pics of the bluetick coonhounds (after going threw other hound pics) and i think we just might have that match!! including the all the speckles on the legs right colors and all the black spots and speckles too and would explain the hound face!!! but can see mom with the shorter ears and the unbox like muzzle on her..

rainbow
October 21st, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, it's just her face that has the Dobie look to me. :D

Bushfire2000
October 22nd, 2007, 12:25 AM
I see a Blue Heeler as Daddy myself. She's a sweetheart whoever is the daddy.

LibbyP
October 22nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
AAAwww she is really cute. Having being owned by a Redtick Coonhound for many years... Bluetick is my vote for daddy. Don't worry about her 'non' barking be happy with it...once they start it's hard to stop ;), esp if she has a hound baying. Neighbours and friends will think that is the best bark ever..the first couple hundred times.

cpietra16
October 22nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
My neighbour had a similar looking dog, and her's was a blue Heeler

white wrabbit
October 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
ok i am convinced not Cattle Dog.. she has no herding instincts.
(first dog for me that is not a herding dog). i would go the route of the hound...

i don't think her nose leaves the ground much when she is out side.. and with that said first thing she does once you take her out is go sniff the fence around the yards..

rainbow
October 24th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Bluetick Coonhound X Dobie or whatever ....she is beautiful and I hope to see lots more pics in the future. :lovestruck:

momto2
October 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Congrats on your new girl;) She has beautiful markings:thumbs up