Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new posted blogs???

breeze
October 19th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Is there a way to show that there are new blog posted instead of clicking on blogs all the time?? maybe beside it in red so that if there is no new blogs there is nothing, but if there is someone who posted a new blog then it could read 1 or 2 or 3 you get my meaning

marko
October 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Hmmmm - Good question!

Let me take a looksie tomorrow morn and I'll post back.

Actually just took a really quick lookie and you can subscribe to one another's blogs by clicking the NEWSPAPER icon under a person's blog post.
Then you can control the subscription in your Blog control panel.

But I'll test it more in the morn

Thx!

marko

breeze
October 19th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I just want to log on, look at the top and see if there is new blogs posted.. I really don't want to subcribe to any one post I like looking at all of them lol :D

marko
October 20th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Got it Ok to see all the blogs with their latest posts - when you click on the word blog in the navbar in the top left corner under Blog statistics, you'll see Total blogs. - Click on that number and you can see the latest posts.

Then to go one level deeepah - you can click on the headers of those columns
(Rating Title / User Entries Comments Last Post ) to sort them by last post, last comment etc.

is that what you're after?

Thx

Marko

breeze
October 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Would you be able to put it on the navbar right beside the word blog on the left hand corner.

this way you do not have to go into the blogs in order to see if there is any blogs posted. almost like the todays post and the new posts.

I hope I am making sence, if not maybe you can pm and I will try to explain it a different way..

marko
October 21st, 2007, 08:31 AM
We probably could do that in the future if the blog becomes popular, but for now only 10 people are using the blog. To further clutter the navbar for 10 people, at this point doesn't really make sense.

So I hope you can live with the 1 extra click. :fingerscr

Thx!

marko

breeze
October 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM
yes I can live with an extra click..:thumbs up