Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ad for Dog on Kijiji....possible assistance needed

sammgo21
October 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Hi guys,

So I'm surfing around Kijiji and I came across this ad for a dog that someone was selling for $100. The ad was very vauge and basically just said cute dog for sale. Anywho, I emailed to enquire more about the animal since NO details were given. The owner answered my questions, but I think it's a teenager....I don't know...it's weird, it made me concerned. Anyways, the dog is apparently 5-6months old, female rotti/GSD X . I told the poster the dog was too young for me but offered to send along some information regarding rescues to re-home the dog. OK.....so I was just going to send this person a list of resuces in our area - anything else? I mean they are charging for the dog so that's good. IMO - I just don't think they really care about re-homing the dog properly.

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 12:38 PM
We have tons of these adds here .... and those people usually don't know about rescues, therefore , don't trust rescues or just want the $$$ so bad , they would rather sell the dog than to give him to a rescue. I answered 5 adds last week , offering helped , got 0 reply. :shrug:

sammgo21
October 18th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I haven't gotten a reply from this person either, hopefully I will.

They said it was a friends dog that was given to them....I don't know....all seems a little shady to me.

mummummum
October 18th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I don't think you'll hear back from him either. :sad:

More than likely Teenager#1 came home with a puppy without telling his parents and after 3 months they declared "Puppy must go!" at which point Teenager #2 says "Dude, I'll totally take him. No worries man, my parents will be cool with it" ... but they weren't and now Teenager#2 is looking to get rid of the puppy to escape his mother's wrath and score some beer money at the same time. :wall: