Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

another newbie

white wrabbit
October 18th, 2007, 12:38 AM
new to the site ran across it looking for information on a shelter i was looking in to adopting from.. stumbled on a topic with it's link in it.. and had well one question i was wondering about..

We are looking for a new puppy!! as much as i would prefer an adult.. puppy would best suit my young growing active family.. our old blue dog:angel: was put down in April after a very traumatic 5 hours.. it was a evening i will never forget and still cry about..

i do happen to be an animal lover.. we currently have 2 cats.. and i love this is a place you can come chat and get info and some good advise from what i have seen so far!:cloud9:

mummummum
October 18th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Welcome to pets.ca ~ glad you found us ! I adopted an 8 year old dog 2 years ago and it's just been the best thing ~ I also have 2 grrrls who I've had since they were wee weeny wee puppies. Adopting an older dawg has just so fantastic I never want to live the "puppy years" again! good luck in your searach!

white wrabbit
October 18th, 2007, 01:36 AM
thank you!!!!

i know what you mean about those puppy years.. my last one we got as an adult.. but that was also before child number 2 and then 3.. we figured this time would be best to go puppy to grow with the family..

but then until a few days ago. i never knew there were aprox. 30 shelters in Alberta and not all are on petfinder.. witch i am confused about and will post about that in the morning.. i knew of only 2 in my closest area..