Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi I just found the site today, love it so far!!

Iamacatservant
October 17th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Hello to all fellow animal lovers. I just found this site today, when I was looking for some cat and dog treat recipes. So far I like what I see, lots of excellent information, and plenty of animal lovers.

I have 7 cats and a dog, that number changes depending on which neighborhood strays come to visit for a while, or come to stay. I try to find good homes for some, but a lot of them capture my heart, and so they become members of the family.

Our dog is quite old for a lab/retriever cross, she is just over 13 1/2 years old now, and is much slower to get around than she used to be....but she is the love of my life, and I enjoy every extra minute with her that I can. She was not supposed to still be alive, but is, and for that I am extremely grateful. She loves the cats, and thinks that she is part cat!

As for the cats, they tolerate her, and one of them, Appollo, loves her like a second mother; she sleeps with her, eats her treats, grooms her, and follows her everywhere, and she has done this ever since she was a tiny kitten.

I hope to meet new friends here, and stay informed about feeding and general health issues for my furry children.

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat: and :dog:

JanM
October 17th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the board! Did you know it is a requirement for new members to post pictures of their fur families :D Seriously, I hope we can see some pictures soon!

Winston
October 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Welcome !! Pictures are a must! Hope to learn more about your crew of furry friends!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
October 17th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the board, Iamacatservant! Can't wait to see pictures of your crew (yes, we are a demanding bunch, aren't we? :o)

klc33
October 18th, 2007, 12:21 PM
i dont love it it didnt help me or even give any good ideas hmph

kiara
October 18th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Welcome and we need pictures of your furry family. Thanks for having such a big heart helping all those strays. They sure know what to do to make us keep them. I have a name of a doggy treat book with all-natural recipes! "THREE DOG BAKERY" cookbook, by Dan Dye and Mark Beckloff, it is very good.