Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bee sting

butterfly3
October 17th, 2007, 03:56 PM
My 6 month old kitten I think was stung by a bee about two days ago now. I only noticed because she meowed and I was close by. The bee had no stinger left. So I assuming my kitten was stung. There is no swelling however she is limping and doesn't like to move much. Not at all like her usual playful self. She lets me pet her head but that is about it. She becomes extremely upset when I touch her back left leg so I assuming that is where she was stung. I have soak her leg in baking soda and water and have also applied an ice pack. Is there anything else I can do before taking her to a vet.

Winston
October 17th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Perhaps one of the more experienced persons with cats could advise further but I have used benadryl with my dog for a bee sting / allergies and it worked but he is much bigger than you kitty and older so I am not sure. Could you not just call the vet and explain to them and see what they suggest? They may be able too help you over the phone?

Good Luck!

Oh! Welcome to the board! We would love to see a picture of your little one!

Cindy
:thumbs up