Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my poochie has a booboo

joy4329
October 16th, 2007, 10:49 PM
my dog had what seem to be a boil on the outside of her right hip....i used antiseptic cleanser and it went down.....about 2 weeks later in returned....this time it was soft....the time before hard.......i started the cleansing again and the other day i got home and it was busted open....like the skin peeled back it looks like a crater..the flesh is white...should i continue with the antiseptic? what does this seem to be?...

otter
October 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Whatever it was you've got an abscess on your hands now - i'd see a vet as you will likely need antibiotics and to get it cleaned out really well.
antiseptic will hurt like heck... maybe poly/neosporin might help.

I had similar thing happen with my Chloe (:rip:), once it opened up (It looked like a volcano to me:yuck:) it took quite a while to heal even with antibiotics. Eventually it came back again and she had surgery to have it removed. Vet said it was likely a cyst or limpoma (fatty deposit) .... I posted all the details on pets.ca, you can take a look. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23060&highlight=cyst

Do book an appointment with a vet asap please:goodvibes:

mummummum
October 17th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I agree with Otter (specially after reading about Chloe) that a Vet visit is the thing to do !