Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Say hello

allymack
October 16th, 2007, 06:41 PM
well enzo had an awesome training day/night! he did every thin he asked, but i some how managed to teach him to say hello (give paw) in about 2 tries, i was wondering why he got it so quick, because we have never tried to teach it to him before, could it have been my awesome training skills ? :P haha or is he just smart? any ideas..cause he seems to take his good old time on other tricks...haha:)

mummummum
October 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Of course it's your awesome training skills! How could you think otherwise? :D

I have no idea why either ~ as wee puppy Bridie learned how to Hi-5 before she learned anything else.

otter
October 16th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Kinda like a skin kid who's first word is "pistachio" or something odd like that :shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2007, 03:09 AM
They always learn the fun stuff first :D

Ford Girl
October 17th, 2007, 10:20 AM
When we took beginner obedience we taugh them "touch it" with their noses...my trainer mentioned they tend to use their paws instead of their noses becuase it's a natural movement for them to use their paws...thats just what she told us, not sure the theory behind it. She said droolers can teach touch it with paws, and non-droolers shoudl use the nose. :D

Once he masters paw or say hello as you call it (we call it "nice to meet you"), you will be able to teach him "hi-5" and "give me 10" pretty easily. You can also hide 1 treat in one hand, put them behind your back and bring them forward and he can pick the hand with the treat in it - not really a trick since they can tell by smell what hand it's in, but fun to watch and fun for others to see them get it right 99% if the time. :thumbs up

Keep it up, there is no end to how much they can learn if they are motivated!!

mummummum
October 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Kinda like a skin kid who's first word is "pistachio" or something odd like that :shrug:

:laughing: Too true!