Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

im new every1 plz read

klc33
October 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM
i hope this is not against the rules ok i have a maine coon cat i can no longer keep because of moving how and where can i get help for a new home for cat any information on how to do this but not have to pay money i would appreciate also im not lookin for money for the cat just a nice new mom or dad for him:) plzzz help thank you

klc33
October 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
ok can some1 tell me where i can post this and get a reply i would really appreciate it
thanks sooooooo much KC

chico2
October 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I think you can go to adopt a cat,if you scroll down on the main page.
I love Maine Coon cats,they are beautiful,wish I could help:cat:
A picture of your kitty would help too.
I think we might have one person from Pennsylvania here..
Why can you not take the cat??Are you moving to another country?
Whatever you do,please do not put him in a high-kill shelter or hand him over to just anyone,he could end up in a lab or worse yet some evil person:cat:

klc33
October 17th, 2007, 01:24 PM
thank you for your reply well im moving but they dont allow pets and ive tried so hard to keep him when lookin for a new apartment but it just isnt working out so i need to find him a home i cant put him in a shelter and i would need to meet the people they may be his new family and i need to see where he is going to live this is so hard and i dont have the money to run a add in a newspaper so im just tryin any and every thing else i can well if any1 can has ideas plz let me know thanks abunch

Jim Hall
October 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM
go online to petfinder.com and search with your zip code for a list of mo kill shelters, One of them may be able to take her in and find a nice home
you can also post your own ad there

klc33
October 17th, 2007, 01:58 PM
ummm why are people saying kill shelters i know thats what happens but im not putting my cat in a shelter im actually 2 weeks away from having to move and still havent even found a place becasue i cant take him so we will both be homless very soon thats how important my cat is omygoodness i could have found a place for me already but what do i do with my cat thats not able to live anywhere i can go

badger
October 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
You don't say anything about your situation; how can we possibly help? It's too bad you left it so late. Re-homing animals is a serious business and good homes are hard to find.

Here's a list of shelters and rescue groups in your state:
http://search.petfinder.com/awo/index.cgi?action=state&state=PA&city=&keyword=

Call one (or a few) and discuss your problem with them. If they can't take your cat, they might know someone who can.

Another thing you can do is talk to your friends and family; perhaps one of them would be happy to adopt him. PLEASE do not give him to a stranger because you have no way of knowing if they will abuse or abandon him. You would be surprised how cruel and ignorant some people can be.

There's no point complaining in other peoples' threads. You need to get to work and do the best you can for your cat. Good luck

t.pettet
October 18th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Will try not to offend but why are you even considering moving to a place where YOUR cat isn't welcome. If he means so much to you then take responsibility for him and find a place where you can be together and stop blaming anyone on this site for recommendations that don't mean an easy fix for you. At the present time I am fostering 2 cats for a lady with 2 kids who had to leave their home due to an abusive husband, she cared enough, took the time and effort to make sure her kitties will be ok until she can find a permanent residence where they will be re-united. Surely as a single person with no responsibilities you could look into doing the same.

Love4himies
October 19th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Is it that difficult to find an apartment that will take cats in your city, what if you offer a damage deposit? Do the landlords ask specifically if you have a pet, or do you volunteer that information?

Can they evict you for having a pet even if the lease doesn't state "no pets"?

CyberKitten
October 19th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I have to concur - if I ever moved tho I do own my home, it would be to a home made with my cats in mind because they rae my family. Why if you have to move can you not bring your kitty? Are you moving to a new country where the cat will be in quarantine for several months - even that can be expedited if youtalk to the authorities and find a place where he can stay and you can visit him/

if it is in the same state, call your local housing authority and find aprts or condos that accommodate the needs of people with cats. More and more housing units are pet friendly and a willing landlord/lady will be happy tp help if they k now they have a good tenant. Pbtain in writing recommendations from your previous landlords and so forth.

I do not think you need to worry. If it is a family situation, you could board the cat with relatives or friends until you are able to bring your cat with you - find a way that you can still visit him and so he won't feel abandoned. There are so many ways around your situation - a new place just is not enough of a reason to have to leave your cat. Maybe you need to think this through.

My sister recently had to supervise some work in another state (she lives in Mass, this was in Ky). Initially, her son was able to stay with the cats in their own home and she could come home on weekends but later, he was transferred so she brought them with her - even tho she will only be away for a month or so and they have all stetted into the new condo quite well. (It was quite a road trip but we all helped, lol)

Good luck!!