Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How many times do you kiss each of your pets each day

marko
October 16th, 2007, 12:01 PM
It occurs to me that both my wife and I hug and kiss our cat Ziglet many times each day. I'd say he probably gets 4 from me and 6 from Carmy.

and I KNOW that others on our board are even kissier than we are.

So how many times do you kiss you pets? and feel free to comment as well.

If you have multiple people in your house kissing your pets, that's great and please comment in the thread - but for this poll, please only check off how many times YOU kiss each of your pets on average. So if you have 2 pets and one gets 4 kisses and the other 6, the average is 5 so check off 4-6 times a day.

Thanks! - I think this will be a cute one!

Lukka'sma
October 16th, 2007, 12:09 PM
This is a multiple kiss household. Both Lukka's daddy and I kiss her so frequently that I couldn't even begin to count how many kisses a day she gets:D She just got one now

marko
October 16th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I know LOTS of people like you Lukka'sma :highfive:...you should probably choose choice 8 then. :D

want4rain
October 16th, 2007, 03:08 PM
is that per pet or all together?? :o

-ashley

breeze
October 16th, 2007, 03:09 PM
now that a hard one to answer, I guess it depends on the day, how good she is, and where she has been, or licked. :laughing:
Does it count if she kisses you?? cause then it would be that Bree is a kissacholic :eek:

marko
October 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM
It's per pet.

thx!

marko

hazelrunpack
October 16th, 2007, 04:35 PM
:D hazel is unabashedly a kissaholic. She'd need the 96-step program (one 12-step program for each dog) but she'd never follow it. She likes being a kissaholic. :p

Frenchy
October 16th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'm a kissaholic too :o if I don't know what they were licking earlier , they get kisses on top of the head :p

Copper'sMom
October 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'm a kissaholic!!!!! I can't help myself, I just love 'em to pieces!!!! And I don't need a 12 step program..............I enjoy kissing them!:lovestruck:

otter
October 16th, 2007, 11:19 PM
No one will ever rehabilitate this kissaholic! :D:D

breeze
October 17th, 2007, 12:44 AM
I have a confesion to make :sad:
I'm a kissacholic, I admit it, there i have said it did not want to before but now that it is out in the open I feel a whole lot better.

I breeze is a kissacolic it gets easy to say every time I say it

mummummum
October 17th, 2007, 12:59 AM
My name is Mummummum ...and I Am a Kissaholic !!!

I kiss them in public too! And when I want to tease them, I chase them and tell them "You better run or I'm gonna kiss yer bum !" :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2007, 04:00 AM
I join the kissaholics club :D & Duffy has no objections to my addiction :D

Mx3 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yer 2 funny :D

Tommysmom
October 17th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yep, I'm a kissaholic here too. So is my hubby. We kiss Tommy so many times a day I couldn't even begin to count... his cute little feet, his little old man whiskers, his fuzzy butt, alllllll soooooooo kissable! And he kisses back, too. We start the day with lots of kisses and end the day with lots of kisses and fit as many in between as we can. I couldn't stop kissing him if I tried!

Winston
October 17th, 2007, 04:15 PM
So I waited a day to reply! I just had to see how many others were out there!!! like me! so here it goes!

My name is Cindy (Winston - :dog:, Tabitha & Bomber's- :cat: Mom) and I am a kissaholic!! :shrug:

I have converted my spouse into a kissaholic as well!! :laughing:

We probably need help but we will stick together with all of you kissaholics and not conform to any of those non kissaholics!

Funny thing too! all our pets know what kisses are! :laughing:

Too funny!

Cindy
:pawprint:

marko
October 18th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Holy bananas! check out the kissaholics - too funny. :crazy:

It's really great to see so much love and good kissin' goin' round.

I'm also really curious to see what the numbers will look like when 100-200 people have voted.

So please vote if you haven't already.

Thanks to everyone that voted and commented already :highfive::thumbs up

marko

Chicklet
October 18th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I must say I really couldn't begin to count the kisses,
You don't forget kisses around this house,
My little Chappers won't let it be forgotten,
Besides their so lovable who could resist anyways :) I kiss him , he kisses me on and on, as long as I continue the kissing he kisses :goodvibes:
Then Princess gets jelouse and has to have her fair share, Then an argument breaks out and their tempers flare, They just don't wanna share.

luckypenny
October 18th, 2007, 10:26 AM
My name is LP and I, too, am a kissaholic. 20 times a day is easy, often all that is just in one cuddle session. Ava comes to get them first thing in the morning while I'm having my coffee. Penny gets them when she's looking neglected (which is always with that mopey face of hers). Any time I'm sitting on the floor or at the top of the stairs, Lucky comes and rubs up on me like a cat, which is when he and I have our cuddle and kissie fests. :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

roccoisus
October 18th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Guess I would be more of a kissaholic if I didn't have to work 8 hours aday lol

Love4himies
October 18th, 2007, 12:41 PM
No cat in my house gets pat, picked, said hello to, or comforted without a kiss added whether they want one or not. The kittens are at the "Ahh mom, stop it, your embarrasing me and just wanna go play!" stage, but are forced kisses anyway and they get picked up lots!:D:lovestruck::cloud9:.

Ford Girl
October 18th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Me too, I smooch them as often as possible!!! They are both cuddle bugs, they just need to be kissed. DH kisses Dazy, but I dont know if he kisses Pubert? You have to watch Dazy tho, like Frenchy said, you never know what she just ate or got in to!! :lovestruck: :dog:

Pubert likes long kisses where your squeeze them and sniff them and smooch them all at once...like my great aunt use to do to us!!! Or at least I think he likes it....he doesn't have much of a choice. :cloud9: :cat:

bendyfoot
October 18th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Also a kissaholic here:D

The cats tend to get the swoop-them-up-when-they're-least-expecting-it-and-smooch-smoochie-smooch-all-over-their-little-heads several times a day:D

Gracie and Jaida get big smoochies right on the lips! (with me holding their lips closed, though, 'cause I don't really need to get tongued, thank you). And on their heads. And raspberries between their toesies!!!:crazy:

I love kissing Jaida's soft little muzzle...I mean it is the SOFTEST thing out there.

luckypenny
October 18th, 2007, 01:51 PM
... squeeze them and sniff them and smooch them all at once

:eek: You sniff them too??? I didn't want to admit doing that but now I can :D . Great big nasal inhalations while my face is squished into their necks so I can really smell them :o :laughing: .Runs off to stalk the poor unsuspecting pooches again.

ancientgirl
October 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I put 4-7, but its probably more. When I pick them up I kiss them, when they're laying down and sleeping, I give them a few kisses too.

They're my little babies, so of course I kiss them.:cat::lovestruck::cat::lovestruck:

marko
October 19th, 2007, 09:19 AM
This poll is really amusing me!

I'm starting to think that I should have started the poll at 20 times a day.

From the way this is looking, some of you are giving 50-100 kisses a day. :lovestruck::lovestruck:

mastifflover
October 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I can't help it he is too cute. Every morning he puts his face right in mine for a kiss on the nose. I feel better when I give him a kiss and he loves the attention so what could be better

CyberKitten
October 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Of course the last option, as often as I can!!!! That's what they are there for, to love!!

goober
October 28th, 2007, 02:31 AM
im adicted to kissies
( corection ive got kissie face syndrom)

marko
October 29th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I gotta say that you kissaholics have changed my behaviour.

it's too late now cuz I already voted...but I'm up to 13-20 kisses a day :eek::D

growler~GateKeeper
October 30th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I gotta say that you kissaholics have changed my behaviour.

it's too late now cuz I already voted...but I'm up to 13-20 kisses a day :eek::D

oh come on Marko couple more kitty kisses a day & you too can join the Kissaholics Club :D :D

Writing4Fun
November 6th, 2007, 10:27 AM
LOL! I've never counted! I'd say average 4-6, some days more, some less. More on agility nights (because she's so much better behaved than the other doggies in class :angel:). Hubby gets in there too. She doesn't give him a choice - he's not allowed in the door at night unless she gets her lovin'. Then of course there are the other doggies - my sister's Mojo gets his fair share, and my brothers' get theirs whenever we visit. I know a lot of people think I'm nuts, but there you have it! :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 6th, 2007, 12:15 PM
:offtopic: hey hey hey Writing4fun ! Welcome back :highfive: I've missed you :o hope your hubby is doing ok ? And you too of course !

shredy
November 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I can't seem to stop kissing her... except after she eats the stinky stuff, AKA poop :yuck::yuck::yuck: I am in the over 300 kisses a day club!

chico2
November 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
A kissaholic here for sure:laughing:
I kiss the kitties everywhere,their cute little wet noses,their pawpads,their tummies,their ears and get a faceful of hair when I snuggle in to their furry little bodies,they smell soooo good:cat::laughing:

Lise
November 8th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Dogs and cats get kissed all the time.Jack likes hugs,Arabesque gets kisses on his wonderful soft nose.Horses have the most wonderful breath of any animal!!Daniel says I'm nuts,he's just jealous!!The only one who doesn't get kissed is Hawkeye, he hates kisses,but if you start scratching him he lifts up his wings so you get under and has occasionally almost fallen off his perch when you do neck rub.

Writing4Fun
November 8th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Horses have the most wonderful breath of any animal!! I LOVE kissing horse muzzles! :cloud9:

marko
April 2nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Bringing this one back up - vote newbies vote! :highfive: :D

Thx
Marko

SARAH
April 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I kiss the cats all the time, whenever I can get hold of them :D Dani gets a few kisses when I can sneak one, she doesn't like it; Sheba's breath is too bad :yuck: I can't really manage too many on her, except on the top of her head.

pbpatti
April 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Too many to count Sasha is just so cuddly,

bigbuckle
May 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I too kiss my boys way to often every day. Being a kitty mom of 4 boys ( :cat: McKenzie, Garfield, Iggy and Finnegan ) I kiss em as often as I can catch em! And if I'm not paying enough attention to them, they'll come to me for kisses!

thekatzmeow
June 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Hi! :cat: My name is thekatzmeow and I, too, am a Kiss-Aholic. I admit I am powerless when I am in my cat's company; but, since he's been around, he has made my life MUCH more manageable and I wouldn't have it any other way!! :pray::pray: :angel2::angel2: :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Brandy456
June 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
...I cannot kiss my fur babies much. Because Sparky has a skin infection around his mouth and Babii..well she will bite me.But I kiss thier heads..

Crestfallen
August 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
I loose count how many times! I'm retarded for my pets.

However -- that being said, my hamster is a bit of a brat and would bite me if i kiss him. My bunnies get maybe 2 kisses a day, as they are outside in a hutch. But my pups get as many kisses as they can take!

glasslass
August 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
I couldn't even begin to guess! When one of the boys comes up for kisses, I make so many rapid little kisses that I look like a guppy!

And I get soooo many back!:lovestruck:

zomo
November 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I kiss these faces every time they come near me. I also am on the receiving end of many kisses. Melvin's favorite is the inter-species French kiss lol Here is a pic of my kissable faces http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/zomobucket/PB030123-1.jpg

Mat&Murph
November 17th, 2008, 10:29 AM
OMG I am a total Kissaholic!!!!!! My boys have the big druppy faces and they just LOOOVVVVEEEE getting the kisses!!!!! I can't help it:laughing::D

JennieV
November 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM
yep...Sparky has to run away, or it will never stop...Max sometimes gets mad, sometimes kisses back. Mostly gets mad...Hubby...well...hubby loves it of course! :lovestruck: :laughing: And fishies are just too fast for me to catch and kiss and I dont think they would appreciate the gesture either. The crabs are just too scary to put close to my face, they would probably go for a nice pinch :eek:

COCO350
November 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
humm...I kiss the horses along with a special dance I do for them, it's so funny to watch their expression (probably asking themselves why this women does this every morning) Then the dog, who endures it, and then the cats who kiss back and pur, that is the best feeling!!! my husband does the same amount of kissing except for the dance part:)

BenMax
November 20th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Ok so Farah the persian gets about 5 only because she is a little stinky and I get hairballs so I keep it to a minimum.

Riley is my feral and if I can get in two quickies...then I am lucky.

Blu my Siamese insists without exception major huggs and kisses throughout the night...Approx 30 random kisses in intervals of 10. (Exhausting)..

Phoenix my stangled cat gets about the same amount as Blu however she huggs me during the process and kisses me back...no joke!

And Julia my min pin - well she is pretty pushy and wants everything. Hugs, kisses, hugs, kisses and finally more.

In total I must give about 100 kisses a day.....and I would have it no other way!:)

CindyM272
October 26th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I kiss my cats so much I swear they are on the verge of saying "Aww, MOM! Stop it!" lol Only one of my cats (Kevin) will scent rub/head butt my face - I take this to be a "kitty kiss" - and I love it.

pattymac
October 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cute topic just saw it!! Let`s see 4 cats, so that`s alot of kisses even with just 2 each, so it varies from day to day. Bobee LOVES kisses, when you kiss him, he wants more and loves rubbing his nose all over your face, fine except when you`re sleeping and there`s a cold wet nose!! Bayley gets more hugs than kisses right now, she needs a bath!! Slightly stinky dog!!

CsqU4r3d
October 29th, 2011, 01:20 PM
HaHa!! Poor Mr. C gets so many hugs and kisses he is ready to report me to the doggie abuse board I am sure!
:laughing::laughing::D:loser:

Floppy Dog
October 31st, 2011, 01:59 PM
I don't kiss, I cuddle. Mostly in the mornings, mostly before I get out of bed. After that, it's pets and belly rubs. My daughter, on the other hand, is very kissy, especially to the cat. G-man, not at all. He talks and ruffles ears.

Bina
October 31st, 2011, 03:59 PM
My darling horse, my avatar, got smooched many times a day (R.I.P.) horses have such lovely velvet lips.
Airedale doggie was always trying to shove his tongue in anybodies mouth, eww. (R.I.P.)

Nubian goaties....the doe likes kisses, the wether does his best to dodge me. :)
And the biggest smoocher at the moment is my HUSBAND and our princess of a calico cat, Mitten.
Gotta get me another pony to smoooch with !!

grols
August 28th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Maybe once a year on birthdays :)
My cat dont love kiss)