Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Meet Den-Den - Not just another pretty face!

glasslass
May 26th, 2004, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen many poodles on this site so I want to show you my "Den-Den". He's a fun-loving guy and all dog. After I got him all "fluffy clean and pretty", he found something to rub in as you can see in the picture of him on the path. But really, he likes to be admired. After a bath, he hold his tail up so proud!

mona_b
May 26th, 2004, 01:09 PM
AWWWWWWWWWW what a sweetie he is....... :D

Princesss04
May 26th, 2004, 01:12 PM
He is so cute. I love the picture with him and the cat. Did you take that one or a prof. picture man. LOL It was so good. I wish my animals would sit still that long. ;)

glasslass
May 26th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah - I took him in. The studio won't photograph dogs unless it's the very last photo session of the day. Lot of people complain because of allergies I guess. Poodles are non-allergenic. I took the other shots though.

Lucky Rescue
May 26th, 2004, 02:05 PM
What a cutie! I love the one in the red outfit.:)

Spoiled
May 26th, 2004, 02:10 PM
OH, he's so sweet! I have a little Mini Poodle X! Here he is!

glasslass
May 26th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Den-Den's a miniature too. Your's reminds me of my mom's toy poodle, Corky. He's a silver phantom poodle. Weighs just 4 pounds. Den-Den plays so gently with him. Corky is the agressive one.

Luba
May 26th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Wow nice pictures and cutie patooties :D

chico2
May 26th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I just loove to see pics,keep'm coming boys and girls :D

glasslass
May 26th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I'm so glad you asked!!!!

Catt31
May 26th, 2004, 05:36 PM
AWWWWW!! Sooo cute!!

Are poodles as yappy as people say they are?? I've only ever heard bad things about them, but growing up we had a Maltese-Poodle X and he wasn't yappy at all!! Poor poodles, get a bad rap for being talkative!! LOL :D

Luba
May 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Spoiled I couldn't see Bentley too well so I brightened him up , hope u don't mind..he looks so sweet.

I almost think he's part portuguese / spanish water dog!

Spoiled
May 26th, 2004, 06:18 PM
:eek: you cut off his tail and changed his colour? lol. Just kidding. :p

My dog is yappy, but not as bad as some. I find that it really is the Jack russle terriers that are worst. Course there are some pretty bad mixed breeds.

Luba
May 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Noooo I didn't promise I just lightened the picture up!! HONESTLY

Serious though if you got more pics post them :D he's cute

glasslass
May 26th, 2004, 07:21 PM
I take it back! Doesn't remind me of Corky after all. Thought he was black and silver! :p Bentley's really cute - like a little "RUFF"ian.

Den-Den isn't yappy at all. He's actually a very quiet dog. He has his moments though. Poodles do get a bad rap. I hate the foo-foo haircuts they require for dog shows. I clip Den-Den myself and keep him fluffy. I love fussing with him and brushing him. A lot of poodles get matted and then have to be shaved when they are groomed. The professional groomers don't want to take the time to work out the mats. I don't think the smaller poodles are great with kids though - they are competitive and want to BE the kid. :D They can be high strung. Den-Den is used to a pretty quiet environment.

Spoiled
May 26th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I have to get the camera working again... :rolleyes: might take a while.

I'm not sure, but I think a lot of people think of a poodle as a bunch of hair, little tiny dog, all style, and a yappy little pest. This was how I viewed them until it came to having a poodle or none, and when I researched them, I actualy found out the opposite!

I to hate the fluffy little haircuts they get for shows! And I clip Bentley myself! He doesn't mat that much, but he does his share on his butt and neck area. These are where he doesn't like to be brushed. When I clipped him last I worked out most of the knots and clipped the hair. Now they aren't matted much anymore!

Luba
May 26th, 2004, 09:43 PM
It's hard with tight hair like that Spoiled.

If you don't have the clippers yet you may want to get him groomed professionally for the summer months but not too short :D

You do a great job but it's easier to see if there is any bites or injuries if there is less matting. Plus the matting hurts and tends to happen over night sometimes. Where did it come from you prob scratch your head!

I used to foster a poodlex that I groomed myself too but sometimes it was too much and I'd take him for a good clipping (he didn't like it much though)!

glasslass
May 27th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I groom Corky (my mom's) and also her neighbor's poodle, Spunky. It's funny, but Den-Den doesn't like being brushed until I start working on one of the others. Then he wants to be the one getting the one-on-one attention. :p The other two are the same way. It's like they're all competing. I put one down and the other jumps into my lap. When I notice Den-Den feeling a little put out, I make a point of getting the brush and making a fuss over him and he's happy. His most sensitive area in his lower chest under his arms.

I work in short sessions. Maybe the face one day, the feet the next, the tail the next. My biggest problem is my clippers heat up so quickly. I'm using an Oster A-5 with #10 blade. I won't clip any closer than that as it's too easy to burn them. I'd rather just do it more often. I take him to the vet for the toenails. Don't want to risk cutting too short and causing him not to trust me anymore. I spoil him. He sits on my lap while being groomed. I'd like to get professional clippers. Any recommendations?

Spoiled
May 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
No professional grooming! He was clipped less than a month ago, and he needs it again already! :p :o I clip him half an inch short, aproximatly, and I try to brush him about twice a week. If he sees anything that looks half like nail clippers, though (and that includes the brush) its voom, inside his kennel. :eek: His hair isn't as tight as a poodle's because he is crossed with Chinese Crested. This makes his hair a lot silkier.

mona_b
May 27th, 2004, 01:17 PM
I still for the life of me don't see Chinese Crested.

I still say Bichon............ :D

Spoiled
May 27th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Well... there isn't enough chinese crested in him to make him hairless, or have big plumes on the top of his head. :p

glasslass
May 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I've noticed that different colors have different textures. The whites and creams are the softest. Silver and blacks are a little wirier (sp?). Although, Corky's hair has stayed pretty soft, but tighter curls. On the other hand, Den-Den has a lot of cowlicks and I have to constantly change the direction I'm clipping in :D

wAggie
May 29th, 2004, 12:29 AM
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

what a great companion! seems VERY cooperative :D :p :p