Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OCT. 16th-National Feral Day

kashtin's kin
October 16th, 2007, 12:24 AM
...at least in the States; Alley Cat Allies promotes this day of recognition, I believe. I guess they don't yet sell a 'greeting card' for this occasion; I know from painful :eek: experience that 'hugging' a feral is hazardous!!; and it may not be practical to take a local feral out to lunch?? However, one could donate some always much-needed $ to a cat rescue (most deal with some ferals), or send them some lunch i.e. donate cat food. And, if you're in the mood for some reading, maybe look up some info on feral cats via Google or ?? :cat:

sugarcatmom
October 16th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Cool, thanks for the heads up! I think in Canada, Feral Cat Day is on Oct 21st (or at least it is according to my MEOW Foundation calendar). And it just so happens that I have some tasty canned food that my kitty snubbed his nose at. Good idea, kashtin's kin.

Jim Hall
October 16th, 2007, 08:00 AM
ahh national feral day
I remeber when our family celebrated this by going out and catching rodents
then we would snack at the dumpster behund the denny's
uhh wait a sec that was just a wierd dream i had once

If i find a few feral humans and take them to lunch does tha count too?:lightbulb:

Longblades
October 16th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I can hug my feral. Only took a couple of years to get to that point but she's my baby now. Better not anyone else try it though.