Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My fix for kittens and toilet paper -FAILED

dmc123
October 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Sorry to all who tried this, but maybe it worked for you. After 3 weeks my tissue killing Quad struck again....

see this thread to hear the "supposed fix" LOL

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45185

Here's the result from last night, notice the coke bottle tube right in the middle of it, LOL.

Diane

breeze
October 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM
O no not failed :eek: it was such a good idea, maybe it just has to be modified....

I look at the picture, and I'm sorry but got to laugh, I can just see them having a blast with the paper :laughing::laughing: what a mess

otter
October 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
OMG:eek: Poor TP roll. :rip:

Frenchy
October 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
oh nooo ! (:laughing:) still working at my place .... maybe try another one but don't leave an open space below .... I cut mine but didn't "shortened" it , I have a hard time explaining it ... :o :sorry:

jiorji
October 15th, 2007, 07:21 PM
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

those :evil: Quads

breeze
October 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
take a picture of it instead.... you know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words :D

dmc123
October 15th, 2007, 07:30 PM
i made the picture, lol

JanM
October 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I am really, really sorry your idea failed - but the pictures sure gave me a good laugh :laughing: Bet they had a blast!

Frenchy
October 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
take a picture of it instead.... you know what they say a picture is worth a thousand words :D

You're absolutly right , dmc123 , did you get what I was trying to say or do you want me to take a pic ?

I_love_mischa
October 15th, 2007, 10:11 PM
WOW lol! I'm so glad Mischa doesn't care about toilet paper!! What a mess! I wouldn't give up on it...try it again. Do you ever close the bathroom door so they can't get in there? The pictures are so funny! :laughing: :cry:

krdahmer
October 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
:laughing: I'm telling you they are all little geniuses... doesn't take them long to figure out how to get where we don't want them to get!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

Jim Hall
October 16th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Ahh i hate to say i told you so but ....
So what was that about 2 weeks?

happycats
October 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
LMAO!!!:laughing: I'm sorry but that's just to funny!!! Aren't kittens great!

I say build a little cupboard around the TP dispenser, with a little door, so you can just open the little door to get TP, but keep kittens out.

dmc123
October 16th, 2007, 11:52 AM
You're absolutly right , dmc123 , did you get what I was trying to say or do you want me to take a pic ?

thanks Frenchy, I think I understand - I didn't cut mine short for the 2nd roll, it still failed :(

Still wishing you luck :)

Diane

dmc123
October 16th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Ahh i hate to say i told you so but ....
So what was that about 2 weeks?

LOL Jim, you were right!

Diane

cpietra16
October 16th, 2007, 12:36 PM
:laughing: that's telling you.....that's too cute.

This is what may work...:lightbulb:under the role of paper, directly below, put a small tupperware container , no more than 2-3 inches high. They will need to get into the water to get to the paper...they won't...or will they:shrug:

I had my cats do asimilar thing, but randomly. Since I put a small container for a litter box..they don't want to getinto it to get to the paper...will it work for your cats....:shrug: you can try with water...

Dracko
October 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Bwaahahhahahahahah....too funny.

I had been pretty good about not leaving a roll in the bathroom on the roller. Yesterday I thought maybe the kittens have forgotten. I made sure there was none hanging down or anything.

About an hour later I came upstairs and sure enough the entire roll was in my bedroom just shredded. :o I'm thinking it'll be a while before I can leave some on the roller again. At least I only have TWO to try to outwit. dmc you have twice that many. My older ones just watch the kittens and look at me like, "Wasn't me!"

Chicklet
October 18th, 2007, 07:20 AM
You gotta love em,
yup first thing you see is the re-run of the ball those babies had :party:
Here a pic of my fix for both cats & puppies alike,
holds up to 4 double rolls or 2 and some reading material ;)
Easy access and no worries,

Longblades
October 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I dunno, I have doubts about that box. I don't see a latch on it. In my experience, just let cat or pup see you once lift the lid yourself and they will then attempt it themselves. Especially the cats, you know, curiosity - gee she's got something in there she's hiding from me, better investigate. :D

Chicklet
October 18th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Depends on the weight of the lid,
Trust me no cat can lift that lid,
Neither can my small dogs, a bigger dog maybe,
but they'd even have some troubles,
The lid is not light or thin.
I've used this for yrs,
With my bigger dogs, few yrs back, I just sit added weight on top,
I've never once encountered a problem with this.
----
The Pop/plastic covering unfortunitly I knew wouldn't work,
It's only a temp fix.
Lest thats how it was for me and my sister when we tried it yrs ago,
To simple and easily defeated by smart animals :)
Didn't take long for them to figure it out.

dmc123
October 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Chicklet, I like your idea! Thanks,

Diane

hazelrunpack
January 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM
It appears, Diane, that cats are either smarter or just have more dexterity than English Setters because your soda bottle fix seems to be working for me! :thumbs up

I remembered it from back in October and instituted it after Brier ate a whole roll of toilet paper a few days ago :yell: *sigh*

He's looked at it a few times, but so far (knock on wood, :fingerscr) he's been unable to figure it out. :D

So thanks for the fabulous idea! :highfive:

dmc123
January 17th, 2008, 07:42 PM
You are welcome for the idea, Hazel, glad it is working so far for you!

Diane

hazelrunpack
January 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Your kitties don't have telephone privileges, do they? Cuz I'd hate for the secret of the magical shield to reach the eager ears of the Pack... :o

dmc123
January 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM
LOL, LOL and LOL again....so far they don't know how to use the phone!

Time will tell...

Diane

Frenchy
January 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Your kitties don't have telephone privileges, do they? Cuz I'd hate for the secret of the magical shield to reach the eager ears of the Pack... :o

LOL, LOL and LOL again....so far they don't know how to use the phone!

Time will tell...

Diane

Girls , make sure to change your password on your computers :rolleyes:

It still working for me , other than 2-3 times Paddy was able to take it off and go on a destruction rampage .... :evil:

dmc123
January 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
that is so cool Frenchy that is still works! That is a great thing.

Diane

hazelrunpack
January 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
WoooooHoooooo! :highfive: There's still hope then? :thumbs up

Frenchy
January 17th, 2008, 08:26 PM
WoooooHoooooo! :highfive: There's still hope then? :thumbs up

Yes it does !!! dmc123 could make a fortune !

hazelrunpack
January 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM
There ya go, Diane! Patent time! :thumbs up