Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello to all..... now for my problem

summerdoll
October 15th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I hope someone can help me because I am at my whits end. I have 2 dogs, Le Chons, or small balls of fur which ever you prefer.... My girl Sadie went into heat and my male puppy Max 7 months ( who I thought was way too young to follow suit) accommodated her.... Now that she has no interest in him, he cries after her all day and all night and is driving my partner and I batty. The problem isn't that they had mated, we intended on them having one litter but is the crying. I don't know what is wrong with him, he was always sooky but now he is going too far. Please help me I need sleep.... oh yeah they sleep in our room, which we want them to stop, any suggestions on how to fix this...? Don't get me wrong, we love them booth dearly I just don't know how to making him stop crying all the time.

t.pettet
October 15th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Spaying and neutering will solve your problems for now and a host of others later.

Love4himies
October 16th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Get them fixed before they mate, they will be much happier.

If you really want you dogs to have a litter, make a stop at your local shelter and visit all the unwanted dogs in your area before you allow them to mate, then decide if you want to contribute to this problem.

growler~GateKeeper
October 17th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Some questions for you:
Are you a registered breeder? with a mentor? - obviously not or you would know any dog under the age of 2 is too young to be bred
Are your dogs papered registered purebreds?
Have your dogs been Hips/Eyes/Temperment tested?
Have either of your dogs obtained their kennel (AKC/CKC) Champion status'? - obviously not since Max is only 7 mths
Are you planning to breed to further the Champion bloodline?

Have you seen the number dogs/puppies in the numerous SPCA/Humane Societies/Shelters/Rescues around the world?
Do you know that most of them will never have homes with families to love them? that they will spend their lives in cages?
Have you seen the listings in the papers by people looking for homes for their puppies? Do you know what happens to these puppies? - they end up in shelters with no home & no one to love them for the rest of their lives
Do you know that your puppies will rob these shelter dogs, who are already alive, of the chance for a home & family?
Can you guarentee these puppies you want to have will be properly cared for, happy, healthy, loved & never surrendered to a shelter for the rest of their lives?

Since you probably cannot say yes to any of the questions in the first section the only thing to do is: have them both spayed/neutered immediately

No one benefits from your dogs having a litter of puppies. Certainly not the dogs.

Help prevent the overpopulation of unwanted pets in overcrowded shelters spay & neuter your animals