Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

limited admin status

wdawson
October 14th, 2007, 08:58 PM
would it be possible to give certain long time regular members a limited admin position,even just edit approval.

mummummum
October 14th, 2007, 10:44 PM
What do you mean by "edit approval" Wayne ?

mummummum
October 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Do you mean that newbies should have their initial posts moderated (as in, they must go to a Mod and be approved before they are posted) ?

Yikes! We'd need a whole lot more Mods :eek: You volunteering ?

I know, I know...I'll be the first one to be put on moderation :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
October 14th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I think he means some of the long time posters should be allowed to edit/delete :loser:s who post on here so they can help out the mods :D

mummummum
October 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
:eek: I'll be a banned user in no time then !! :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 14th, 2007, 11:55 PM
no way Mx3 I think you'd be a part-time mod then :D

mummummum
October 14th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Nah Wayne would want that job and ...he's :evil: ...just for the fun of it :laughing:

wdawson
October 15th, 2007, 12:09 AM
:laughing:...what i mean't......give edit not ban power to some members.
it would save time on editing some posts for the mods.

mummummum
October 15th, 2007, 12:16 AM
So if something like what happened tonight were to happen again one of us could jump on it right away? I knew that Chuck guy was going to be a problem from his profile when he posted in the Intro's this afternoon.

But wasn't tonight kind of a strange evening? I mean Mods are normally around and are usually pretty quick to pick up on this stuff aren't they?

wdawson
October 15th, 2007, 12:23 AM
i woulda sicked maggie on him:laughing:

Freyja
October 15th, 2007, 12:33 AM
We need to get Blue Harvest deleted!!

goober
October 15th, 2007, 03:01 AM
bye bye blueharvest:thumbs up
hope he took my advise and is actually under the next passing bus:rip::crazy:

marko
October 15th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Dear members,

Sorry bout last night. Normally one of the mods or I are on every few hours so nasty crap like that gets picked up and dealt with really fast. :o

Last night was a bad one and I'm on it now to investigate the nature of this nonsense.

Normally the Internet and our board on the Internet is a good place to be. It's such a royal pain because a handful of scum do sometimes cause problems for the 99% of us that are just trying share information in a responsible way.

My apologies again.

Marko

happycats
October 15th, 2007, 08:52 AM
***** happens!
Don't worry, we were doing our best to keep them at bay, like goober's post!!(I hope your wish came true:evil:)
It was wild there for awhile, but we knew only to open posts by our "regular" members until it was cleaned up.
It's best no to feed these sick trolls, with way to much time and not enough brains on their hands:rolleyes:

badger
October 15th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Is there some way one could notify others that a post has been reported without using the reply function? It's a bit of a pain to open the thread twice, especially if there are upsetting pictures. Could the colour change or an icon appear? Although I guess it could be potentially intrusive if it was 'just' a conflict between two posters, instead of the spam we saw last night.

marko
October 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I think you answered your own question there badger.

At least for now, Unfortunately, the best way is to report the post with the icon and reply in that thread that it has been reported.

Thanks again members! and sorry - we ARE as a group usually on more frequently to handle these things more quickly.

marko

Frenchy
October 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I'm on it now to investigate the nature of this nonsense.

Will we get to know the results ? I would reeeeeally like to know who those :loser: were. :o

happycats
October 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Okay if you can't give us admin status, can you at least give us the ability to put them in the arcade so we can all shoot/kill them :D

"kill a Troll"
"Wack a Troll"
"Park a Space ship on a Troll"
"kick a Troll"
"slap a Troll"
"Shoot a Troll" :D

marko
October 16th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks to all that helped Pm mods and emailed me and Pmed me as well.

We are in the process of deciding how best to deal with what happened and we are being proactive.

Since this particular issue is over - I'm closing this thread.

Thanks again!

Marko