Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vet care or not?

Aristes
October 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I'm not alarmed at this point. I'm just looking for a general idea.

My cat seemed to have been showing signs of pregnancy. She had become nicer, slept more, her tummy began to tighten, her nipples became more pronounced. Things like that.

However.
Her breasts are also sagging now. [Edit:] I should note that they've been down for weeks, but haven't filled.
I asked on "AllExperts" to see if she might be exhibiting a false pregnancy, but she had told me that her breasts wouldn't be sagging until after her first litter. I've noticed this in a couple of pregnant cats I had adopted from the pound before. One had had previous litters, another was on her first.

She's a year old and very small. Smaller than other female cats her age. She's never been pregnant before.

I was told to seek veterinarian advice, but I generally can only afford to take them when I -know- they need it. Don't get me wrong, I won't hesitate to, but my general vet charges $50 just to poke their sides. I'm currently waiting for the monthly vet clinic to come again and take her to be fixed, but I'd like to know if I should worry about pregnancy. I don't abort pregnancies at all.

mummummum
October 14th, 2007, 09:56 PM
If it were me I would spend the money just for some peace of mind. I'm glad to hear she is getting spayed !