Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Odd little noise

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure how to describe this, but I'll try.

Usually I hear this most from Oksana. When she jumps up somewhere she makes this little noise, almost like a cooing sound. She does the same thing when she jumps down from anywhere. I was wondering if perhaps she might be in some sort of pain jumping, but she's not limping or acting oddly. In fact, Vlad's been bugging her all morning, attacking her when she least expects it and she just ambushed him in retaliation so she seems fine.

I'm just wondering if any of you have heard the same from your kitties.

Oh, and I also decided to create a little kitty area. I have what I like to say are two living rooms. One is near the sliding doors and I really don't use much, and the other I have where the TV is. So I decided to make the area by the sliding doors like a kitty area.

Now tell me, is this not a kitty paradise?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Other%20stuff/034.jpg

Frenchy
October 14th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Now tell me, is this not a kitty paradise?

Defenetly is :laughing: Monsieur le chat and Paddington are sooooo jealous :p

otter
October 14th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Are you taking reservations??:laughing: Misery and Clover want to know if you have any availability for the winter months :D :D

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
LOL, the more the merrier. I had bought the round thing to the far left yesterday, and thought I'd just dismantle the one next to it. But I realized Oksana loves to lay down up on top of it so I looked at the area and realized those two chairs didn't have to be against that window. So I just lined everything up. They both now have a view of the outside both from the ledge and if they are laying on any of the condos. Plus they have a nice wide area and I can just have their toys on the rug without having it take up space in the other area.

krdahmer
October 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM
That is an awesome little 'kitty spa' area there... and as for that noise, most of my cats do that, especially the girls, they like to announce that they are about to jump or have just arrived... sort of a gutteral little coo. If it was pain it would be a more alarming sound I think. It sounds like you just may have a talker there.

Oh and ps I love those chairs... I have a similar set I got from my mom with a matching rocker.

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2007, 12:16 PM
It's really an unused area so why not just let them have it.

You know, Vlad does it now and then, but rarely. But yeah, Oksana does it almost all the time. It sounds kind of cute, at least now that I know its normal I can say it sounds cute. I was hoping it wasn't anything like her being in pain, even though she doesn't act like she's in any kind of pain.

Those chairs were actually given to me along with the table in the middle by an old gentleman my boss used to rent an office from. He gave my boss the chairs but he didn't like them so I took them home. I loved them and they are soooooo comfortable! And the table has a big marble top which is really pretty. The Dynamic Duo like lounging on the chairs too. LOL, so it really is their area. Although if I get home one day and find them reading the books from the bookcase I think I'll faint.

Janie123
October 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'm leaving on vacation soon. Can you find a place for Pepper? He doesn't like other cats so yours and all the others will have to stay outside. He's an inside cat.:thumbs up:shrug::D

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
LOL, pepper will have to deal with Vlad.

chico2
October 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Love the chairs,love those blue thingys,kitty-heaven:cloud9:

My cats make all kinds of cute little noises,especially if I pick one up:laughing:it's like having a squeeze toy,so I am sure your kitty is not in any pain:laughing:

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I have to say, and I've said it before, I'm so glad I found this board. I always have so many questions, and these two do things I wonder about. It's nice to know I can ask a question and know there are people who have experienced it all before.

I especially like knowing she's just a talkative little kitty. Those noises were starting to make me wonder.

Chico, I got those blue things at Target. I don't know if there are any up there in Canada, but if there are these things are pretty inexpensive and I've gotten a lot of use with the square one. Vlad and Oksana love to lay on all levels.

ancientgirl
October 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Crawl back under that rock you came out of.:loser:

Love4himies
October 16th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Whoops I missed this post, ancientgirl.

Yes, this looks like a kitty resort,lol.

I had one cat that used to make verbal noises when he jumped up and down so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ancientgirl
October 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for replying. I'd noticed it now and then, but she's been more vocal lately, and now even Vlad is starting to do it sometimes.

At least I know other cats do it so its normal. :D

bendyfoot
October 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Our oldest, Boo, chirps whenever she jumps up, jumps down, or gets petted suddenly. She makes all kinds of noises. I'm sure it's perfectly normal kitty noises.