Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our little project...

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Since the weather was nice here today (not too hot) we decided to take advantage of it and rip up part of the yard to put in a patio. So, here are some pictures of the work-in-progress, then Jesse decided it was time to help out. What fun that was!

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I'll get some dirt for you dad...

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I have a better idea, how about if I roll around in the dirt and flatten it for you?

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:03 PM
All this work is making me tired. How about you fill me up? Or even, let me go inside and take an afternoon siesta!

pamha
October 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Looks like fun :laughing:

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:05 PM
She was such a big help too! :wall:

mummummum
October 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM
:laughing: Nothing like a pile o' dirt and nuthin' to do but play !!! :laughing:

She looks lkike she was in her glory there all covered in dirt ~ just be grateful it didn't rain :eek:

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:11 PM
The picture I love the most is the one where she has a big ole smile and a mouth full of dirt. She had so much fun. I can't tell you how many times we would say, "Jesse stop eating the dirt" or "Jesse, let that bug be!" (She would see a bug dive into the dirt and decide she had to go find it :rolleyes:)

Frenchy
October 13th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Oh you dirty girl Jesse ! :lovestruck: I love the fifth pic , she looks sooo comfy :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
ohh Jesse we missed your purrty :lovestruck: self

looked like a fun day for everyone heehee but Jesse most of all :D

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
We are ALL exhausted right now. Now that the weather is cooling down, we can get to our "projects". Tomorrow is cleaning day inside, finishing the yard work and the dreaded garage. :yuck:

growler~GateKeeper
October 13th, 2007, 10:37 PM
well you should all :sleepy: well this weekend :D after so much hard work :)

JanM
October 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM
That's one happy-looking puppy lying so comfy in the dirt :D

jesse's mommy
October 13th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Now she is all comfy spread out on the sofa!

I'll post pictures of the patio when all the stones settle. As of now, we tilled everything, wet it down, flattened everything, put the plastic weed killer down, then put the stones down, but some of them are still a little uneven, but in about a week or so after some hose downs or rain, it should be even. I'm so excited. We've been planning on doing this for about a year, but finally got around to doing it. It's been one of those "We'll do it next weekend". I know Jesse already loves it. My little dirty monster.

wdawson
October 14th, 2007, 08:11 AM
finally some jesse pics....are we on rations around here:rolleyes:

great pics by the way.dogs and yard work :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 14th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Now she is all comfy spread out on the sofa!

I hope she got hosed off first! :eek: I could only download about half the pictures, I think...and she looked mighty dirty in most of them! :laughing: What is it that makes dogs so happy when they're so in need of a bath? :rolleyes: :p

growler~GateKeeper
October 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Hazel - check your pm :D I posted Jesse pic links :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks, growler! One of these days I'll actually get myself a good phone connection and then Watch Out World!! :laughing:

JM, Jesse is definitely lookin' mighty dirty! And lovin' it, I might add! :thumbs up hazel missed Jesse pictures! And she's very glad you're back!

glasslass
October 15th, 2007, 12:25 AM
There's nuthin like a good dirt bath!

TeriM
October 15th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Hehe, those are hilarious :laughing:. Gotta love having such a great "helper" :lovestruck:.

goober
October 15th, 2007, 12:42 AM
you go jesse :laughing:ya little dirt bunny:thumbs up

rainbow
October 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Well, it's about time we got Jesse pics. :lovestruck: Those are hilarious and she looks so pleased with the job she done. :D

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Alright, some updated patio pictures. It's still a work in progress, but getting there.

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Now that I'm looking at the pictures, it really doesn't do it justice at all. It actually looks nice and roomy in person, not scrunched and crowded.

The other pictures is of the garden next to the patio that we extended out. We had to transplant everything so they are all readjusting and rerooting.

CearaQC
November 12th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Hey no teasing Canadians with your sun and green grass! lol Not fair! *grumbles about snow on the ground*

Seriously though, the patio looks great! Love the bar area.

Party at your house!! :grouphug:

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Thank you. We worked VERY hard on it. Those stones are heavy as poop! We are now working on a floating dock for the lake we live on. It's half way done. :frustrated: It's becoming a bigger pain in the butt than the patio.

But, sure party at our house anytime! Anyone is welcome here. Our doors are always open!

wdawson
November 12th, 2007, 05:40 PM
looks good:thumbs up....beathoven and maggie will look good posed in front of the tiki bar:laughing:

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM
As Jesse will be behind the bar serving them up doggie cocktails! :laughing:

wdawson
November 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM
brown cows all around:laughing:

rainbow
November 12th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Great job :thumbs up ....I can just picture myself sitting on the stool at the Tiki Bar. :cloud9: But how come Jesse isn't in any of the pics? :sad:

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Great job :thumbs up ....I can just picture myself sitting on the stool at the Tiki Bar. :cloud9: But how come Jesse isn't in any of the pics? :sad:

Because she was inside chillin' on the sofa! :laughing:

luckypenny
November 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM
OMG, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Smart girl, Jesse. Let the others work while you enjoy.

Just LOVE that pic!

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Yep, she is real good at taking breaks. :laughing:

wdawson
November 12th, 2007, 07:39 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:thats the best:laughing::laughing::laughing:

wdawson
November 12th, 2007, 07:43 PM
she's been at the tiki bar too long:laughing:

Frenchy
November 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Because she was inside chillin' on the sofa! :laughing:

:laughing: Could she be more comfy ? :laughing: I could only see one pic of the new patio :thumbs up Wish I could drop by for a beer :sad:

jesse's mommy
November 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Wish I could drop by for a beer :sad:

Or two? :D

Frenchy
November 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Or two? :D

You know me so well :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 12th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Patio & Bar looks grrreat :highfive: Jesse deserves the break after all the hard work she did digging the patio area for you :D