Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Neat Dog coat I made

Janie123
October 13th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I made the greatest dog coats. I got an old sweat shirt and cut the arms out it. I made holes for front and back legs and cut out large holes underneath so they could potty. The ribbed end sleeve goes over their head. You can make it to fit your dog. I put a drawstring on the end. It's so cute and warm and Boo will even wear it! Bonnie loves anything.:thumbs up:D:grouphug::p:)

otter
October 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Pictures pleeeeeeease :D

Frenchy
October 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Pictures pleeeeeeease :D

Defenetly ! :thumbs up I have one for Nelly but would like her to have more.

mummummum
October 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Sounds very thrifty!

Janie123
October 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM
My camera is broken and I can't afford another right now. But there is no end to the creativity in these things. When my husband lost his job,I had to become extremely creative in many ways. We are doing better now,but I am still extremely thrifty because I had to be. My doggies were so admired in these homemade coats.....and warm!:thumbs up

Frenchy
October 13th, 2007, 09:11 PM
:laughing: I just noticed , you are in Florida :laughing: and your dogs need coats ? They are not spoiled right ? :rolleyes: :D

Chicklet
October 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Would really love to see a picture of how you did this and exactly how it looks,
I tried Different coats for my Shi-tzu's even bought numeral pair, But they weren't warm enough, So I ended up knitting a pair with full pants on them,

curious to see what yours looks like, New ideas :lightbulb:

Janie123
October 14th, 2007, 12:04 AM
When I get a new camera,I will try to post them. My dogs love them. Boo doesn't even like his collar and leash put on but he stands very still when I put his coat on him. I would have rather bought them but could not afford them. In really cold weather,you could put 2 on them to keep them extra warm. Just make sure the neck (end of sleeve) is not too tight. Mine trot around like they own the block. They are so soft too.:thumbs up Of course,they can get wet if in snow and Boo one time piddled on his but they wash pretty well.:goodvibes:

Janie123
October 14th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I live in very far Northeast Florida,almost in Georgia. We have cold weather here,even change of seasons. We used to live in Central Florida where is was hardly ever cold and in South Florida,you don't even need a coat. You don't need one in Central Florida either. I love living here because we do get some cold weather. It snowed so hard in 1989,we made snowmen and sledded! But snow is very rare here.
We so have some really cold days though and I love it! I made the coats and booties but they hated the booties. If it's chilly and there's a wind,they won't go out without their coats and even then,they don't stay out long.