Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Websites for rescues/shelters?

waste of paint
October 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I was talking to my uncle about the stray kitten that I've taken in, and he told me that he's looking to adopt a puppy but hasn't been able to find one that suits what he wants yet. I was wondering if anyone can give me a few links to some doggy rescues so I can try to find what he's looking for? :)

(He wants a Lab or Golden - yellow or black but not chocolate -, mixed or pure, male or female, 8 months or less with short hair, just in case anyone happens to have one of those up for adoption!)

Edit: I forgot to mention that he has five cats so it has to be a kitty-friendly dog. And that he's an amazing guy and I'm really happy that he wants to adopt instead of buy!

luckypenny
October 13th, 2007, 05:47 PM
www.rosieanimaladoption.org (all breeds)

www.teddyscaninerailroad.com (Bernese Mountain Dogs)

www.gerdysrescue.org (all breeds)

www.goldenrescuequebec.com (Golden Retrievers)

http://www.ultra.ca/spca/ (SPCA Laval, all breeds)

www.spcamontreal.com (all breeds)

www.spcamonteregie.com (all breeds, in the Eastern townships, approx. 50 minutes from Montreal)

www.sophiesdogadoption.com (all breeds)

www.animatch.ca (all breeds)

I'm sure there are several more but I can't think of them right now. Some are Rescues that work with foster homes, others are shelters (some who work with fosters as well). You can tell your uncle that he could check with different veterinary hospitals as well. Some have dogs and cats who have been abandoned there and are seeking new homes. Two that I can think of immediately are The Animal Health Clinic, 5601 Sherbrooke West, NDG, and Hopital Veterinaire LaSalle, 7755 Bouvier, Ville LaSalle. I know there must be others, one would just have to call around and check.

luckypenny
October 13th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Oh, and 2 weeks ago, the SPCA Laval had the sweetest 6 month old yellow (almost white) Lab X. I think her name was Maggie?

LL1
October 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
He could try a dog search on www.petfinder.com

Frenchy
October 13th, 2007, 07:54 PM
He could try a dog search on www.petfinder.com

Yep , try petfinder , all the rescues are there. :thumbs up

waste of paint
October 13th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys!

I looked through all of the links and found three cuties on petfinder. I'll email them to my uncle. :)