Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

By-Products now in Canidae????!!!

gsdlove
October 13th, 2007, 09:31 AM
We love Canidae. Our puppy is very healthy, good stools, beautiful coat. One of our stores in Ottawa told us they have stopped selling Canidae because they are now adding by-products. Has anyone heard of this? I just emailed Canidae so hopefully they will respond.

Goldens4Ever
October 13th, 2007, 09:53 PM
WHAT!?!? If their formulas contain by-products, then it should be listed in the ingredients on their website. Post back with an update! :dog:

gsdlove
October 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Hi heard back via email from the company. They say there is no change to their formula - I'm very thankful because my pup loves it!

rainbow
October 19th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Thanks for letting us know....it's a great food. :thumbs up

randylicious
October 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I've never heard of this food. Is it low fat?? Where can I get it? I live in Toronto.:dog:

gsdlove
October 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM
The link is www.canidae.com then just click on the Canadian maple leaf. All the info is listed for ingredients and store locators - in Toronto there are quite a number of merchants that sell this product. In Ottawa there are a number of stores that offer buy 10 bags get the next one free. I buy mine from a natural pet food co-op here in Ottawa. It's your best bang for your buck - my pup has done awesome on it. Check it out!:thumbs up