Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help me plz

danielle_86
October 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I just got a new boston terrier pup on the 10th. she was 7 weeks on the 11th. she was the runt. this week she only weighed 2.5 lbs. she has seemed fine until now. I didn't see her vomit but found what looked like liquid vomit with moderate red (blood) in it. her stool has been more loose today then normal. i noticed her sneezing, causing her to vomit again...this time no blood. she also sneezes without vomiting. "she is very snotty sounding when she sleeps" her nose is very runny and it all appears to be allergy related. i drove 2 & 1/2 hours to get her so the climate may be different and i know bostons are prone to allergies. i've been using the same food that the previous owners used except it was recommended by a pet store worker that i give her oatmeal with her dry food. since I've noticed this I realized I have noticed her limping first thing in the morning since i've had her and then later throughout the day the limping resolves. she never acts like she's weak or in pain. she is very playful. any advice? i've never had such a young puppy. thank you

breeze
October 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Please take your pup to see a vet as soon as possible, the vet would be able to tell you what is wrong and what to do for her.. There are so many disdases out there that your pup could contract..or it might just be a cold. better safe than sorry.....

keep us posted on your pup

MyBirdIsEvil
October 12th, 2007, 05:44 PM
You have a puppy that shouldn't have even been released yet and desperately needs to see a vet. If the owners gave her to you that young, especially having been the runt, it's very possible she has health issues related to her previous care.

Good luck :fingerscr:

Purpledomino
October 12th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I third the motion that it is urgent your puppy see a vet immediately. She is ill regardless of whether you believe it to be allergies or not. A vomitting puppy of her small stature can dehydrate very quickly, and go downhill (shock) before you know it. You have more than enough reasons to get to the vet asap...please do it before you could regret it by waiting too long. Please let us know how it goes, good luck! :pray: