Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dead kitten in beer box

Bogdan
October 11th, 2007, 10:35 AM
What kind of messed up idiot would do something like this?? This morning my girlfriend was walking our dog Dexter at the park and she saw a dead grey kitten laying on the ground missing it's two rear paws. The poor thing had it's eyes still open and was laying on it's stomach. Next to it was an open empty beer box with a cover in it. I think they kitten was still alive when that monster dropped it off there next to the garbage bin in the park. This is really infuriating as i love pets and specially cats, i have two of my own. On top of that it's really cold outside today with slight rain, so the cat must have suffered in these terrible conditions. :yell::mad:

Anyway im going to check if the box is still there...

PS: We called the cops who told us to call the non emergency line who on their turn called the city people (Anjou) and those rang the berger blanc. That was 2 hours ago.

EDIT: It's 10:52am and the box is still there, i don't know what to do anymore :(

krdahmer
October 11th, 2007, 11:00 AM
:cry: :sad:

Well seeing as the city seems useless, maybe you should take the poor things and give them a proper burial, seeing as I doubt the city will spend a cent trying to figure out who did something so monstrous! That might give you all some peace. :sorry::pray:

Bogdan
October 11th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I just got a call back from the SPCA and they told me to call the Berger Blanc for this, which the guys from the city already did (Anjou). So like i said this was about 2-3 hours ago. Poor thing, i feel so bad for it, if only we would have found it earlier, maybe we could have saved it.

Jim Hall
October 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I know how you feel i get the same thing here in the states

I had seen a cat who had been very badly run over and finally had to pick her/him up and bring it to a vet and yell at the vet to give it the shot.

One time at 3 am i actually had to put one out of it;s misery

All I can say is that you can rest assured that whoever did that to a living being will eventually have to answer to his/her/ It's God for it.
:sad:

Frenchy
October 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM
omg :sad: and that saddest part is , Le berger blanc will not even try to find out who did it (they could , at least put posters up , maybe there was some witnesses , altought this would be the spca "job") :sad: poor little kittens :rip:

Bogdan
October 11th, 2007, 12:41 PM
My god its almost 1pm and the box is still there and there's kids at the park now.

Love4himies
October 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM
How sad, police should be taking this type of crime serious as it usually leads to violent crimes against humans. This person is sick and needs therapy or to be locked up.

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2007, 12:59 PM
What an incredibly sad sight to see. That poor innocent little kitten. I hope whoever did this someday realizes how cruel they have been. But I doubt it.:sad:

Bogdan
October 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I dont know what to do, i kinda want to take the box home to protect it from the cold and further torture. I just can't believe it's lifeless, it scares me, poor little thing. I hope the guy suffers the same pain and torture as he inflicted to this little animal. Should i call the Berger Blanc again?

ancientgirl
October 11th, 2007, 01:36 PM
If it were me, I'd just take it. Who knows when they will come and I highly doubt they will even try to find out who did it. At least the poor little guy can get a proper burial.

Bogdan
October 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I have no idea where i could burry him and i really dont think i can go through, the face he has, the frozen expression is just so saddening. I live in a basement of a duplex and close by there's only two parks, one big one behind the library but it's public places. :frustrated:

chico2
October 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Poor little kitten,that's all I can say:cry:and hope that karma will one day catch up with such evil:pray:
If you have nowhere to bury him,I would take him to Humane Society or call a reporter from your local paper,there probably are more where this poor baby came from:cry:

cristinadobre
October 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I understand you very well how much you suffer seeing that poor kitten. I also felt a pain in my heart when I was reading your message. Never understand how could someone be so cruel? What is the real punishment this unhuman must get it? Hope there will be the God's justice as painful as it was the suffering of that cat. To forget is human, to forgive is stupid. I can not forgive anyone who did this.

Frenchy
October 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Any updates ? :sad:

happycats
October 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
How sad and disgustin!! may the person who did this suffer the same fate!:evil:

Maybe a local TV station would be interested? Kids playing near a mutilated dead kitten, and authorities doing nothing! This would at least help find who did this!!

Love4himies
October 12th, 2007, 11:48 AM
How sad and disgustin!! may the person who did this suffer the same fate!:evil:

Maybe a local TV station would be interested? Kids playing near a mutilated dead kitten, and authorities doing nothing! This would at least help find who did this!!

The media would love a story like that!

Bogdan
October 12th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Sadly the box was taken away by one of the city workers who was picking up the garbage at that moment. I wasn't there, my girlfriend went to the park to see if it was still there and saw the worker at the same time. She told him to be careful since there was a dead kitten in the box, to which he replied that he finds one at least once a week as he does the whole area of the city. That's a scary yet sad taught. She told me that at the same time she saw Berger Blac truck pass by but not stopping. Those guys are useless, and now the cat will be in some dumpster instead of a peaceful place. :(
I wish they would have passed much earlier. This happened around 2/3pm, when we called them at around 9am. It's ridiculous how people don't care...

PS: By the way my gf was describing it, the legs were squashed, not cut off. I think it was an accident rather than voluntary act, at least i hope so. I only saw the kitten's face as i looked under the cover, i couldn't take more.

Frenchy
October 12th, 2007, 08:55 PM
to which he replied that he finds one at least once a week as he does the whole area of the city.

There is so many stray cats having babies. :sad: And winter is coming fast :sad: