Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Euthanization

Mike Fed
October 11th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Hey, my names mike, and i dident know where else to post a thread since it wouldent let me. I basically joined this forum for 1 question. It was more then a year ago when my dog was euthanized. His name was Jake.
heres a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/pharcyde/64357553_l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/pharcyde/287092378_l.jpg

you know he was the kind of dog that everyone in my town new. and i have a big ****ing town. people in the next town even knew him. he was just that cool and i myself have had an assload of partys so everyone comes over and they were like dude your dogs the man!

so the night he was euthanized everyone heard about it, so like every 10 minutes we would have a drink off for him.

it sucked though because i had to move to my dads for the weekdays right, so it was my mom and my sisters and i guess he wasent getting taken care of. he was about 11, overweight.. and had alot of fatty dropplets. you know those lumps. and he would caugh alot, and that scared us. we took him to the vet and they said he was alright just getting old. so like a few months after that, my mom calls and said she sent him away on a ''farm'' you know that bull****. i mean im 17 i can handle the truth. so my sister found out she sent him to the animal shelter. and we call their to get him back... and they already put him down. it sucked ass.

the question though.. i was watching some sort of tv show, and it had euthanized dogs on there. and showed them being put into black body bags. we sadly never got jakes remains. i really want to know what was done with his body. his soul still lives no since he was a cool mother ****er, but i hear **** about there remains being put into dog food! what! just google that ****.

what is done with dogs bodies though, after euthanization if you dont claim the body?

RIP you cool mother ****er

TeriM
October 11th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Sorry for your loss. Pet remains are usually cremated and usually you can opt to have the remains returned to you if you want. I do not know what happens with the ashes otherwise, I would assume they are buried as well.

badger
October 11th, 2007, 03:45 AM
What a sweet boy. How sad that he couldn't live out his life in a safe place. You must miss him terribly. Some of us crackpots :) on the board believe we'll see our animals again on the other side. I hope so, it would be a sweet reunion.
I think dead cats and dogs were, at one time, processed for animal food, but not any more, health regulations forbid it. But it lingers in the mind, doesn't it? I took a sick cat to be euthanized a couple of years ago and even though I knew it wasn't true, I still needed reassurance from the vet that his body would be treated kindly. Apparently they are stored in the vet's freezer (alas, in plastic bags, that part is true) and then picked up by a company and taken to be incinerated.
When you are able to adopt another dog yourself, maybe as a tribute to Jake you could go to a shelter and choose one that is not so young, who is not perfect, but still capable of loving you with his whole heart and just needs a break.
:rip: Jake. You will never be forgotten.

want4rain
October 11th, 2007, 08:16 AM
When you are able to adopt another dog yourself, maybe as a tribute to Jake you could go to a shelter and choose one that is not so young, who is not perfect, but still capable of loving you with his whole heart and just needs a break.
:rip: Jake. You will never be forgotten.

:sad:

i think thats a grear idea. :candle:

-ash