Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

oh DU]s been eating plastic

Jim Hall
October 10th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Du has been going over to a spot under my chair and messing around woth a plastic bag i had there.

ABout 45 minutes ago she strded to heave and threw up a vey small amount of fluid and is not really eating tonight, she had a few nibbles and that was it

So i went back to were she had been hanging and discoverd that a bunch of the plastic bag i had some old cothes in has been eaten, a nice chunck
maybe 3 by 5 inches

urghhh She seems fine other wise had a nice poop today and was eating fine this Am and playing with the lazer tonight also

I am hoping she is working on a hairball or trying to toss the plastic up

any advice would be appreciated

mummummum
October 10th, 2007, 08:57 PM
:fingerscr that she passes it or throws it back up. You might try some olive oil on her nose or paws so that she has to lick it off. It will help coat her insides and ease out or up the hairball, the plastic or both.

Obviously keeping an eye on her and her tummy for signs of distress (excessive stretching, can't get comfortable, drooling and excessive lip-licking) for the next little while would be a good idea.

Don't you wish they would have better sense about what to eat and not to eat :wall:

jiorji
October 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM
are you sure DU actually ate the bag?? cos my Peanut chews and scratches bags too and it looks chewed and eaten but no plastic is actually missing, it just looks eaten cos of the damage.

I hope DU's night goes well without any tummy aches:goodvibes:

Jim Hall
October 10th, 2007, 09:21 PM
no definitly chuncks missing
she seems to be in no distress no drooling no discomfort no lip licking

:shrug: well we will see in the am hopefully i will have a nice hairball on the floor
:yuck:

growler~GateKeeper
October 11th, 2007, 12:20 AM
:fingerscr for a :yuck: surprise tomorrow

and def secure all plastic bags out of her reach cuz she will do it again :rolleyes:

bendyfoot
October 11th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I second what growler said: once a plastic-eater/licker, always a plastic eater/licker. Our Tortie girl Boo is an incurable bag-licker (I know, it sounds dirty, but that's what she is)... happily she's never inclined to eat them, but I hear her almost every night...it's really an addiction.

Jim Hall
October 11th, 2007, 09:18 AM
All plastic is now in drawers or otherwise safely stashed DU took a nice dump during the night and has no other symptoms

She loved her pumpkin i gave her

I think she still l has food issues where she need to smell or see fresh food in her bowl to be comfortable

Ahh well, she still chasing stuff a bit and doesnt seem to be in any diccomfort

krdahmer
October 11th, 2007, 09:56 AM
sounds like she'll be alright then, thats good. :thumbs up

rainbow
October 11th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Is DU still okay? :fingerscr :goodvibes: Naughty girl...glad all the plastic is now out of reach. :o

Jim Hall
October 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
yeah i think she is ok

she eating well and gave me a bat when she didnt want me petting her
lol

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Arghhhh! I hate when they eat plastic! :rolleyes: The stuff is pretty tasteless--whatever possesses them?!? :p Every once in a while I have to dive into a dog's mouth and retrieve some delectable plastic morsel on the way down... :frustrated:

Down Under, you stop worrying your Daddy so! :cat:

krdahmer
October 11th, 2007, 11:09 PM
didn't someone tell us all in another thread that there are animal parts in some plastic bags? Something like that is why they like to lick/chew/eat them.:shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
October 12th, 2007, 12:44 AM
didn't someone tell us all in another thread that there are animal parts in some plastic bags? Something like that is why they like to lick/chew/eat them.:shrug:

Yeah it has fat or some such in it :yuck:

Yay for DU :highfive: - now behave you hear? Daddy Jim needs some more purry headbumps from his fave grrl :pawprint: no more scary stuff :D