Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Things they have eaten...

Ford Girl
October 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Hi, just a related thread to the Jaida's a fool thread, without jacking it...what weird and crazy thing have you found your dog or cat to have eaten, pass thru or not.

Dazy - well, the other day I found the zipper to her dog bed in her poop, there is was, the zipper. I find red soft gardening rocks, green tennis ball fuzz, tissue, and grass all the time. And when she was little, she was like a great white shark, she would eat anything and everything, we even had to give her peroxide to clean her out once, she thru up everything from hair eleastics to rope toys (which we no longer allow), to the plastic milk jug rings, she ate the head of a troll doll once, pooped it out in tact, purple hair and all. :p

My friends lab ate a 6 pack of begals, bag and all, an entire bottle of shampoo, and a roll of cash amounting to $700! All at different times. :clown:

breeze
October 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
The list goes on and on, I don't think that there is anything new that a dog or cat can and did eat in their lifetime....
rocks
worms
grass, weeds
razor blades, shaving cream
toothbrush
soap, socks underware
shoes lol lol or pices of them

now this is not all from Bree, some of it is from my other dogs, friends dogs and cats, and stuff I have read....

the list would take up more room than we are allowed on the forum lol lol lol

JanM
October 10th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I never did figure out what it was that Bobby ate but he had to go to the hospital and go on IVs for fluids to move whatever it was. He pooped it out when he came home and it was gross! It sorta looked like a yellow/green ball on the end of some yellow/green 1" wide tape of some sort. YUK!

TMac
October 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
It used to be mostly stolen kleenex remains, but we've also seen other cardboard or paper bits, toys of various colours and materials (ewww - flourescent orange ball bits!)....etc etc

My brother's dog is the king of eating bad stuff though. The worst so far was the incident where he ate a dead baby squirrel and had to get the vet to get it out! :yuck::yuck:

Frenchy
October 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM
A couple of fosters and mostly Nelly :D have destroyed a couple of things but never ate them. But I try to never let anything at their reach ...

mummummum
October 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Gosh ~ I'm not sure I can even remember everything anymore...the inside of my couch down to the springs, TV clicker-thingamajig, electrical cords, AC/DC transformer thingamabob, countless parts of and whole shoes, leather leashes, wallet complete with plane ticket, drastic plastic and cash right before I was due to leave for a 6 a.m. flight (that one was a real pisser)...I'm sure there's more, but my sanity demands that I block out the memories :D

Jim Hall
October 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM
oh :censored: and im worried bout a liitle plastic? sheesh

want4rain
October 10th, 2007, 11:12 PM
kids toys... i wont get into what kinds... brand names and girley LOL!! Hunter and his chewing issue has had some strange things come out.

the interesting things hav ebeen found in my kids poop/body cavities. a 2yo Cailyn pooped a dime... at 5 she pooped a quarter... tons of crayon skittles poops... she ate ant killer once (you havent seen freaked out until you seen a parent on the phone with poison control) and that made her poop crayon blue... Jeffrey must hav epassed a plum pit because it went in and poo is still coming out@!! Cailyn sneezed a bead on my mom at 18 months old. it was up there for 3 days before it came out....

but you didnt ask abotu THOSE kids did you?? :laughing:

-ashley

bendyfoot
October 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Ok, I'll jump in on this one with non-Jaida stuff:

GUYS CLOSE YOUR EYES:

You've been warned......

Ok, Gracie once got into the bathroom garbage and ate about 10 tampons. I was picturing her intestines all plugged up with the expanding... she pooped them all out...those were the weirdest-looking poops I've ever seen.

Ford Girl
October 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Ok, I'll jump in on this one with non-Jaida stuff:

GUYS CLOSE YOUR EYES:
You've been warned......

Ok, Gracie once got into the bathroom garbage and ate about 10 tampons. I was picturing her intestines all plugged up with the expanding... she pooped them all out...those were the weirdest-looking poops I've ever seen.

lmao! WHAT A NUT BAR!

Oh, I forgot about the kitty litter box, Dazy likes to snack out of it if ever she is given the chance...altho she doesn't poop the stuff out, she throws up...man, talk about disgusting...she did it once after she drank alot of hose water from her pool, it smelled like the bog of enternal stentch! The worse smell I have ever smelled!! Cat ***** and hose water. :yuck:

bendyfoot
October 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
ok, that's waaaay gross FordGirl...eating cat poop is one thing, and pooping it out is no big deal (I mean it's poop, right?), but to PUKE up cat poop.....EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!:yuck:

want4rain
October 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM

*gag* :yuck:

-ashley

jillfarm
October 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
We have figured out that dogs like anything cat flavoured; food, poop, and regurgitated stuff too. Apparently it is sweet to them. Which ever form! My son when he was little used to take our then dog, (passed on now) into his room with a pail, poop in the pail and *POOF* he said, "Shilow made it diskappear! Really mummy! Shilow is magic!!" After much discussion he finally relented and conseded to do "it" in the conventional place. He is 17 now and I still kid him about it! Wedding day torture for the future? That and bath tub pics with his sister will do it!! LOL!:D My daughter was the worst for things in her mouth. Never swallowed them though, would just hold them there: open safety and diaper pins, coins, all types, even a moth ball once! She once did eat the silica that comes with electrilal stuff in the little bags. Poisen control said it would not hurt her but she would be VERY thirsty for a while!!! :laughing: