Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jaida's a fool.

bendyfoot
October 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Ok, so Jaida TOTALLY freaked me out this morning. We found the remains of a shaving razor refill (you know, the blade part) all chewed up. I have NO idea where she got it from, we keep them in a drawer! After I reassembled all the bits to figure out if she ate anything, it dawned on me that the freakin' BLADES were missing!!!! So I took her out for a poop, plastic bags in hand, and dissected the whole pile as soon as she produced it...and found the freakin' BLADES in her poop! The little tool somehow managed to injest blades and pass them without so much as a spot of blood anywhere. How she did it (and more importantly WHY she did it) is beyond me. She left the plastic and ate the sharp metal.

Sigh. She's one lucky idiot.

Frenchy
October 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM
OMG Jaida !!!!!! Silly girl !

Now after that scare , we deserve a picture of the little :evil:

Love4himies
October 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Oh what a little brat she is!

Yes we need pictures of her to make sure she is OK.

bendyfoot
October 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I've been soooooo negligent with my camera lately...I'll see what I can scrounge up.

She IS the biggest brat ever! She chews EVERYTHING, but only the really, really stupid stuff.

Sigh.

Riluke
October 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Do I totally understand that!!

Luke once ate a clock...yes a clock.

I thought it was up high enough that he would not reach it (or even be interested). WHen I came home, there really wasn't a lot left. He survived the encounter but it totally scared me to death wondering what he ingested!

He is my little furry hoover

luckypenny
October 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking there's a chance she may have been injured internally. Is her stool of a normal color or is it black? Perhaps if you called the vet, he/she may be able to tell you what to look out for just in case.

want4rain
October 10th, 2007, 02:38 PM
holy cow Crystal!! thats insanity!! you counted the blades right??

i think i woudl have crapped a brick. honestly... doesnt she know how much she worried you?! :rolleyes:

-ashley

bendyfoot
October 10th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Jaida seems to mainly want to chew things made of metal. Necklaces, watches, pop cans...she's definitely a little hoover of the most alarming variety.

bendyfoot
October 10th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yes, total insanity. Yes, worried out of my frikin' mind and crapped many bricks.

I thoroughly checked the inside of her mouth (nothing), and her stool was perfectly normal, without a spot of blood or black anywhere (and beleive me I looked at all of it). The blades were not as horribly big as I imagined them to be (which was huge)...they were actually very flexible and thin...almost like the tinsel you put on a christmas tree...

to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that they're all out. I found some but I don't know if the razor was of the three or four-blade variety. I'm going to have another really good look at the afternoon poop. She wasn't showing any sign of any discomfort, good colour, good apetite etc. this morning, and she must have eaten them sometime yesterday. I was releived to at least see some come out, and I'm hoping for the rest (if any) tonight.

Ford Girl
October 10th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Oh the joys of looking thru dog poop! :thumbs up Been there, done that!

TMac
October 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM
OMG!!!!! OMG!!!! That would freak me right out!! What a little :evil: Silly Jaida.

Shaykeija
October 10th, 2007, 05:46 PM
:eek: now that would have made me check into the funny farm....

mummummum
October 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM
How's your blood pressure bendyfoot? :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
October 11th, 2007, 12:01 AM
OMG Jaida stop that NOW!! you silly dog what are you doing? :crazy: object eater :D

bendyfoot
October 11th, 2007, 08:44 AM
So I've been searching her poops since yesterday (boy, oh boy, isn't that the funnest thing to do when you're still half asleep and out in the rain in rubber boots and jammies)...found one more blade this morning, plus a whole whack of unidentifyable "hard stuff' (god only knows what the heck that was)...and found the last blade on the floor this morning. Still no blood in her stool...I think she made it through this unscathed.

Very houdini-ish, but I still think she's an idiot:loser:.

My blood pressure is much better today, thank you for asking:D

Love4himies
October 11th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I can't believe she ate razor blades.

You may want to consult with your vet to see if she/he would want to you to bring a fecal sample into the vet and have it checked for blood, reason being, if she has a cut high up in her intestines or stomach, the blood may be mixed and not seen by the naked eye.

bendyfoot
October 11th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I spoke with the vet, and he just said that as long as she passed them, and there were no signs of blood in her stool and she otherwise seems fine (eating, no vomiting, normal temp, good mm and gum colour), that she should be ok. He never mentioned bringing in a stool sample.

rainbow
October 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear that Jaida is okay. :highfive: And, hugs for you and your blood pressure. :grouphug: One of our previous dogs once ate a couple of fish hooks. We thought for sure they would snag somewhere inside but he managed to pass both without any problems. I can well relate to how you felt though. :o

Looking forward to new Jaida pics. :lovestruck: :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 11th, 2007, 09:12 PM
plus a whole whack of unidentifyable "hard stuff' (god only knows what the heck that was)..

:laughing: ewwww ! I'm glad she is ok ! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
October 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM
OMG, isn't it just amazing what all they can get into! :rolleyes: Scary, bendyfoot! Glad everything passed okay. :grouphug:

Smiley14
October 11th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Oh, that is SCARY! I'm so glad Jaida is okay! :grouphug: